Print Shop 3.0 is too big for my laptop screen (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 3.0

ClanCore -> Print Shop 3.0 is too big for my laptop screen (12/7/2012 5:28:38 PM)

I have a brand new 17" Toshiba laptop with a powerful NVIDIA graphics processor.
My resolution is 1920 x 1080. My graphic driver is up to date.

When I start PS 3.0, it opens and about an inch of the bottom of the PS 3.0 window
drops below my laptop screen.
PS 3.0 won't let me resize the window vertically to fit on my screen. It will let me resize horizontally, but that's not a problem.

Please help.
Thx,
ClanCore

JasonC -> RE: Print Shop 3.0 Professional is too big for my laptop screen (12/7/2012 6:37:39 PM)

Just so you know, this problem is not limited to the Print Shop, but other programs that can be resized also suffer from this bug in 1080p resolution.

Try switching to 1366x768 and it should work fine.

ClanCore -> RE: Print Shop 3.0 Professional is too big for my laptop screen (12/8/2012 5:08:29 PM)

Thank you for your suggestions. I tried setting res to 1366x768.

If I lower the resolution, everything gets bigger, including PS 3.0,
and the problem is exacerbated. When I set it to 1366x768 and PS 3.0
drops 1/2 the window below my laptop's screen. And PS 3.0 won't let
me resize its window.

Thank you TMLFAN4LIFE for the heads-up that other programs might have
the same problem. I will purchase software carefully.

ClanCore

ellengard -> RE: Print Shop 3.0 Professional is too big for my laptop screen (12/8/2012 6:19:23 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ClanCore
... When I set it to 1366x768 and PS 3.0 drops 1/2 the window below my laptop's screen.

[>:] Darn. I was really hoping there would be a solution for this. Anyway, earlier when you said that the bottom inch couldn't be seen, I checked to see how badly that would compromise your ability to use the program.

Well, you're not missing much, fortunately. There's the Launch Smilebox link which takes you to smilebox.com. There's also the Template Store link which takes you to printshoppacks.com.

More importantly, there's the thumbnail images of your project pages that make it simple to move from page to page, and to add a new page. These functions can be accessed through the Project and View tabs at the top, so you're not prevented from doing these things. For single page projects, the thumbnails strip is redundant.

Hope this helps.

ClanCore -> RE: Print Shop 3.0 Professional is too big for my laptop screen (12/9/2012 8:10:46 AM)

ellengrad,
Thank you for describing what I can't see, and explaining where to access that functionality elsewhere.
Very helpful!
Thanks a bunch!
ClanCore

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4