Problems with shapes (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 3.0

jsulli23 -> Problems with shapes (12/18/2012 12:55:28 PM)

I have used previous versions of Print Shop but this is my first time with Print Shop 3.0 Professional and I have to say that I am very dissatisfied with the functionality of this release. In the past, I was able to block out a part of a clip art image that I didn't want to show up by covering it with a white box (or whatever shape fit the need). Now when I insert a box, it does not allow me to change the outline color. There is a drop down menu item for the line color, and it is not grayed out, but it will not allow me to click on the drop down and change it. That makes it totally useless for what I need to use it for. Any suggestions?

ellengard -> RE: Problems with shapes (12/18/2012 3:03:05 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jsulli23
... In the past, I was able to block out a part of a clip art image that I didn't want to show up by covering it with a white box (or whatever shape fit the need). Now when I insert a box, it does not allow me to change the outline color.

Yeah, I wanted to do the same (cover up a date on a calendar project, because a date number cannot be deleted). For this purpose, what works is a thick, white line.

ellengard -> RE: Problems with shapes (12/18/2012 3:19:19 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jsulli23
... block out a part of a clip art image...

You can also use the Image Editor | Positioning | Freehand Crop. This lets you keep just the part of the clip art you want visible. Also in the Image Editor, there's Effects where you can select area by color and make that area transparent.

weddinspire -> RE: Problems with shapes (9/28/2013 4:05:31 AM)

Last year I purchased The Print Shop 3.0 Deluxe on my desktop with the Windows 7 Operating System. I recently updated to Windows 8 Pro and The Print Shop does not function. I contacted tech support with Borderbund, but they were unable to resolve the compatibility problem. I re installed the program, but is still refused to work. Please let me know if you have any suggestions fo rthat too

JasonC -> RE: Problems with shapes (9/28/2013 6:54:53 AM)

Depends on how you updated. If you installed from 7 to 8 with the option to keep all your programs I'm afraid your out of luck as it makes some of these programs not functional after upgrading no matter if you remove them or not. Try going to a complete fresh install of the OS. Don't worry your files will be moved to a folder called Windows.OLD so they won't be lost during the format.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4