TPS Deluxe crashes when importing photos (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 3.0

t3chi3 -> TPS Deluxe crashes when importing photos (2/6/2013 6:23:53 AM)

Hi all,

I am having an issue with Print Shop Deluxe 3.0.

System Specs:
Windows 7 x86
4Gb RAM
Intel Q45/Q43 GPU

This happens with any project whether existing or created from blank. This only started happening recently, although there have been no changes to the Hardware, Software, or OS.

When the user is working in a project and chooses "My Photo" from the left toolbar, and then clicks "import" Print Shop crashes. You see the "My Pictures" folder for a brief moment before the crash. There is no error message other than the "Windows is searching for a solution" message. Importing Clipart, inserting text, and all other functions seem to work normally.

Event Viewer logs two errors during the crash. The first is a .NET framework "internal error" error. The next is an application error from Print Shop showing that "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\clr.dll" is the faulting path.

Here are the steps I have taken to correct this, in order:
-Run the .Net 4 installer and take the repair option
-Run the Print Shop installer and take the Repair option.
-completely uninstall .NET 4
-completely uninstall TPS
-re-install .NET and reinstall TPS

I have submitted the problem to tech support via the online form, but 48hrs is too long to wait.

Thanks for any help!

ellengard -> RE: TPS Deluxe crashes when importing photos (2/6/2013 9:28:41 AM)

This is a user-to-user functionality support forum. Sorry, but we have no tech expertise in this matter, just knowledge on how to create various documents with the program.

Your tech support request ticket is still your best way to get a solution.

t3chi3 -> RE: TPS Deluxe crashes when importing photos (2/7/2013 11:05:21 AM)

Encore support contacted me and informed me that they would not support this product due to the PC that it is installed on being in a networked environment. Their email response was very nonsensical since any home user that uses wifi or has a home network is "in a networked environment".

This company does not support their product and I have uninstalled it and plan to use Microsoft Publisher instead.

I hope others that are considering this software see this and take it as a warning - you will not get support for your software after your purchase.

CrystalE -> RE: TPS Deluxe crashes when importing photos (2/7/2013 12:37:36 PM)

The End User License Agreement (EULA) prohibits the use of the software in a networked environment, but only when the software is installed on a server then used by multiple computers. The EULA requirement is due to the fact that the license for the software permits use on only one computer. With many network environments, the software can be physically installed & used on only one computer. In that case, the program would not be installed in a true network environment, and there would be no violation of the EULA.

ellengard -> RE: TPS Deluxe crashes when importing photos (2/7/2013 5:09:15 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: t3chi3
...and plan to use Microsoft Publisher instead.
I hope others that are considering this software see this and take it as a warning - you will not get support for your software after your purchase.

Should others see this, it's important to know that Encore does support this software. This software was not programmed for multiple computers on a network.

If you are networking several computers, wouldn't you need to purchase a multi-user license for MicroSoft Publisher?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4