White Around Images (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 3.0

nomem -> White Around Images (5/31/2013 6:52:10 AM)

I'm just learning this software. When I choose an image, it has a white shadow(?) around it. This also shows up in print preview. Is this on all images? Is there a way to get rid of it? Thanks!

ellengard -> RE: White Around Images (5/31/2013 8:53:47 AM)

The first images that appear after clicking the clipart icon, happen to be "sticker" images. Only a fraction of the images available are sticker images.

nomem -> RE: White Around Images (5/31/2013 10:59:58 AM)

I'm not clear on this. What are sticker images? Do they all have the white around them? Is there a way to get rid of it? I'm just learning and wanted use the sailboat that was near the top when I added an image. It's just a simple sailboat, but has the white around it. Thanks for your help.

ellengard -> RE: White Around Images (5/31/2013 1:01:18 PM)

There's a drop down menu for you to narrow your search for clipart. See "stickers"? They all have a white border and a shadow, to look like peel and stick stickers.

Type "sailboat" in the search box to find a sailboat image that is not a sticker.

If you have lots of time to learn the photo-editing tools (assuming you have the Pro version), there are different methods of removing or covering up the border of a sticker.

nomem -> RE: White Around Images (6/1/2013 6:01:29 AM)

Thanks ellengard. That's another of my problems...not only do I have no memory (nomem), I have no patience and want to jump right in and do something without knowing the hows and whys. I go from having too much time, to not enough time. Several years ago, we had a coffee/soup/salad/sandwich/antique shop and I made all our menus, brochures, t-shirts, posters, mailings, business cards, etc, etc, etc using an old version of Print Shop. I knew how to use it to its fullest; so, I thought I could jump right in this version.
Not!
I made what I needed using a sailboat svg in another program. But, I'm determined to learn Print Shop again.

ellengard -> RE: White Around Images (6/1/2013 10:41:53 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: nomem
... I'm determined to learn Print Shop again.

These will help: http://www.printshop.com/video-tutorials.aspx

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4