Print Shop 21 Deluxe and Windows 8.1 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS General functionality

Proactive -> Print Shop 21 Deluxe and Windows 8.1 (11/19/2013 2:54:34 PM)

I just installed Windows 8.1 and it asked my to insert Print Shop 21 the install disk. I get an "Error Opening HKLM with ALL ACCESS- setting up the registry!" Is there a compatibility issue with 8.1? If so is there a fix?

JasonC -> RE: Print Shop 21 Deluxe and Windows 8.1 (11/19/2013 3:08:18 PM)

Windows 8 is not a compatible OS to begin with , if you ran it on Windows 8 , you did so at your own risk.

This program is not compatible with Windows 8 nor will a fix be made available for this issue.

If it was working previously in Windows 8 before you upgrade to Windows 8.1 its because it tried to migrate the registry settings and Windows 8.1 is setup differently.

You can try removing the program from the control panel and then reinstalling it from your disk, but if you can't get it to work , my only option is to suggest to you, to purchase a compatible version of the program where Windows 8 is listed.

Kirsten -> RE: Print Shop 21 Deluxe and Windows 8.1 (11/19/2013 3:16:06 PM)

Print Shop 21 works quite well for me on Windows 8.1.

The only thing that error is telling you is that the PDF driver which is installed with Print Shop 21 is not compatible with your Operating System. So, if you have no need to create a PDF file with Print Shop 21, you don't need a fix.

If you need to create PDF files with Print Shop 21, you might want to check out this FAQ

http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=40319

which describes how to work around problems which are experienced with Broderbund PDF drivers.

Kirsten -> RE: Print Shop 21 Deluxe and Windows 8.1 (11/19/2013 3:20:06 PM)

For more information about installing Print Shop 21, check this link

http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=37936

where you will find that the PDF driver which is installed with Print Shop 21 is not compatible with the 64-bit version of Windows 7, either.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4