Cannot print through Printmaster platinum 18 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [PrintMaster 18.1 and older] >> PM General Functionality

irenealma -> Cannot print through Printmaster platinum 18 (4/22/2014 4:33:32 PM)

Have both Printmaster 18 platinum plus the print shop. Neither one will print and I get an apphangB1 error message. I have absolutely no problem printing on this particular printer with any other of my applications on the computer, including word, excel etc. I have run a complete virus check through Nortons plus the apphang checker from Microsoft. There are no problems in my computer. I have uninstalled and reinstalled my printer driver and I still have the same problem - it is a Canon. Each time it says either PrintMaster or the print shop printer is not responding. I have tried various solutions online to fix this and have not been able to print for over a week. I have not put in any new software so I don't understand why this has come about. I was able to print a couple of months ago on this particular printer. Can anyone help?

ellengard -> RE: Cannot print through Printmaster platinum 18 (4/22/2014 5:10:10 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: irenealma
...apphangB1 error message... I was able to print a couple of months ago on this particular printer.

It used to work and now it doesn't, so something has changed - perhaps Windows updates? Is your OS Win 8.1? If so, these older programs are not compatible with Win 8.1.

If you are using Win 7 or older, I can suggest a workaround solution: Use a PDF writer such as the very good, free download at
http://www.cutepdf.com/Products/CutePDF/writer.asp
to create a PDF version of your project. Print the PDF from Adobe Reader.

Or export as JPG and print the JPG from another program.

Sorry, I have no tech expertise regarding fixing the apphangB1 error.

irenealma -> RE: Cannot print through Printmaster platinum 18 (4/23/2014 8:50:53 AM)

Sorry, these are not useful for printing greeting cards

ellengard -> RE: Cannot print through Printmaster platinum 18 (4/23/2014 9:46:29 AM)

The PDF prints like the project would, so long as you select the correct print options.

The JPGs can be imported into Word and printed as a greeting card so long as you know how to position the JPGs on the page.

You said you reinstalled your printer driver, but did you go to the Canon site to see if you have the latest driver for your OS?

You don't mention what OS you have, but in case you missed it before, PrintMaster 18 and Win 8.1 are not compatible.

If you have Win 7 or older, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling PrintMaster.

irenealma -> RE: Cannot print through Printmaster platinum 18 (4/23/2014 9:54:53 AM)

Sorry, I have Windows 7. Up until a while ago, I was able to print on both my Canon and my Epson printers. Now cannot print on either one. Have checked that I have the most updated drivers on both. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Printmaster, no good. Have restored my computer back a while and that didn't help. Will look at using a PDF writer, but I should be able to fix this problem. Thanks.

irenealma -> RE: Cannot print through Printmaster platinum 18 (4/23/2014 9:58:34 AM)

Should also mention that the error message is: AppHangB1 and the application is: PMW.exe

ellengard -> RE: Cannot print through Printmaster platinum 18 (4/23/2014 11:41:51 AM)

Your problem is definitely technical, not a functionality problem. Unfortunately, PrintMaster 18 is no longer supported by tech support. There are PrintMaster 18 Support Articles you can check out, although I didn't see any pertaining to 'not printing'.
http://support.encore.com/technicalsupport/product_detail.aspx?product_id=2482

This is a user-to-user functionality support forum, not manned by any Encore employees.

You'll probably have to research that error message elsewhere as I doubt other PrintMaster 18 users know anything about it.

JasonC -> RE: Cannot print through Printmaster platinum 18 (4/23/2014 7:43:15 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: irenealma

Should also mention that the error message is: AppHangB1 and the application is: PMW.exe

For operating systems where you get the AppHangB1 error - I would suggest posting on Microsoft's official forums for Windows 7 here: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

Keep in mind that , Microsoft's forum , like this one is user to user - so it's not guaranteed that you will find a solution.

irenealma -> RE: Cannot print through Printmaster platinum 18 (4/26/2014 1:46:28 PM)

In case anyone else is interested, I found the solution to my problem. It was the .exe file and I edited the registry:

To resolve this issue, you can reset the registry settings to their default settings. To do this, follow these steps.
1.Click the Startbutton and type regedit in the Search box
2.Right-click Regedit.exe in the returned list and click Run as administrator
3.Browse to the following registry key:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.exe

4.With .exe selected, right-click (Default) and click Modify…
5.Change the Value data: to exefile
6.Browse to and then click on the following registry key:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile

7.With exefileselected, right-click (Default) and click Modify…
8.Change the Value data: to "%1" %*
9.Browse to and then click on the following registry key:

KEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shell\open

10.With openselected, right-click (Default) and click Modify…
11.Change the Value data: to "%1" %*
12.Close the Registry Editor and restart your PC

ellengard -> RE: Cannot print through Printmaster platinum 18 (4/26/2014 2:27:01 PM)

I'm glad you can print again and thank you for sharing your solution.

*note to everyone* Encore does not provide this information and is not responsible for problems due to modifying your registry. Modify your registry at your own risk.

Deleted User -> [Deleted] (12/23/2014 10:37:34 AM)

[Deleted by Admins]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4