Horizontal cards with side fold (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [PrintMaster 18.1 and older] >> PM General Functionality

jinky -> Horizontal cards with side fold (7/29/2014 2:59:47 AM)

Is there any way of printing a horizontal card with a side fold?

jinky -> RE: Horizontal cards with side fold (8/3/2014 3:46:29 AM)

No answer to my query yet?
Is it possible to make horizontal cards with side fold on Platinum 16?

ellengard -> RE: Horizontal cards with side fold (8/3/2014 10:02:27 AM)

What is the size of your paper? e.g. 5.5 x 17 inches?

ellengard -> RE: Horizontal cards with side fold (8/3/2014 2:01:32 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jinky
... horizontal card with a side fold?

There is no standard size paper that can have a side fold and still be horizontal (wider than it is tall). However, you can make up your own template like I've done here:

It's a custom size poster project. The paper is 5.5 high and 17 wide, so folded, it is 8.5 wide. I design the front of the card on the right half of the sheet; the back of the card on the left side.

I would do the card insides as a separate poster project.

[image]local://upfiles/9017/B27A11176AAE42AD9D42F0E89CEECCC2.gif[/image]

I used tabloid size paper, cut in half. Similarly, you can use legal size paper, cut in half so it's 4.25 high and 7 wide when folded.

ellengard -> RE: Horizontal cards with side fold (8/3/2014 2:42:26 PM)

Just got a brilliant idea for a workaround. Use a template for a quarter-fold card, select a pre-made horizontal design. Edit the design. Print it. Flip it over* and print it again.

You get two of the same card. Just cut (along the length down the middle) and fold.

*pay attention to how the print comes out so you can insert the paper back in and the Back/Front ends up behind the insides.

[image]local://upfiles/9017/DC7B906EECEF4A048211E3969BE4B11A.gif[/image]

If you are making several copies of the same card, like for a party invitation or holiday greetings, this method is great. For just one card, it's wasteful, so I'd go with my first method.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4