change page size (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [PrintMaster 18.1 and older] >> PM General Functionality

NESMAM -> change page size (9/18/2014 8:34:12 AM)

How do I change the size of my page to 4'x12"?

ellengard -> RE: change page size (9/18/2014 10:01:22 AM)

Custom page sizes are set in the printer setup. However, if your printer can't print on 48" x 12", you won't be able to put in those numbers. To get around this, set the default printer to a PDF printer.

Note: your project will always open at the default paper size of the default printer, so check your defaults before you open your project.

ellengard -> RE: change page size (9/18/2014 10:17:34 AM)

Are you planning on creating a PDF to upload to a professional printing service? If so, post back before you put too much effort in creating your design. Because PM 18.1 does not support embedded fonts and vector graphics when converting to PDF, everything is rasterized and the resulting file size may crash your computer.

I can give you some options in my next post.

ellengard -> RE: change page size (9/18/2014 3:27:38 PM)

Banners are much larger than the standard letter size page and this can impact the file size. If the text and vector graphics are rasterized, the file size can soar past 50MB, possibly freezing your computer and stopping the PDF conversion. Some printing services will not accept files over 30MB.

When vector graphics and text are not rasterized, the PDF file size is much smaller and the printing is much sharper.

Some suggestions for preparing a banner for professional printing:

1. Use PrintMaster to create the image files which you can export to another program, or upload to an online template.
  2. Use a program that can create a PDF with embedded fonts and vector graphics. I recommend Serif Page Plus, available from Broderbund.com. There is a free limited version available at the Serif site.
  3. Use a free online template from the printer's site. Although you are contrained by the template, you are guaranteed crisp, sharp text. There are no file size problems with this method. As an example, you may see an upload page similar to this:

[image]local://upfiles/9017/A7A2DEACB5594E9DAD80DFF890F7C2C8.gif[/image]

NESMAM -> RE: change page size (9/19/2014 2:05:50 PM)

I need to change the size of my project. It can print on a 8.5 x 11 but the poster needs to be 6.5x 11. How do I change the project dimensions?

ellengard -> RE: change page size (9/19/2014 2:23:07 PM)

What happened to 4 feet by 12 inches?
quote:

...can print on a 8.5 x 11 but the poster needs to be 6.5x 11. How do I change the project dimensions?

You don't. You print on 8.5 x 11, then you cut off the extra two inches.

You make your work more difficult if you pre-cut your paper before printing. Then you have to create a custom paper size and do a special printer setup.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4