having a problem inserting a picture i have downloaded (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 4.0

lifesacharm -> having a problem inserting a picture i have downloaded (11/9/2015 2:40:44 PM)

I am having a problem with Print shop 4.0 professional and when i put a picture into something i make it looks great until i print it and i see a faint border around it it is not visible when im making the items only when i print...and if this isnt in the right spot im so sorry this is all new to me

JasonC -> RE: having a problem inserting a picture i have downloaded (11/9/2015 2:44:04 PM)

You posted in the right place :) Are you creating a pre-made template or are you creating a project from scratch?

If from a pre-made template, what is the name of the template you are using?

lifesacharm -> RE: having a problem inserting a picture i have downloaded (11/9/2015 2:48:21 PM)

its from scratch not premade...I make different things for my direct sales company....so for instance i was making a sign and i was trying to insert a pic of some charms i wanted to show off i got them off our direct sales site right click and save and then imported them to my design it shows a faint boarder around them so it looks tacky lol

ellengard -> RE: having a problem inserting a picture i have downloaded (11/9/2015 4:43:03 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: lifesacharm
... a picture ... i print it and i see a faint border around it.

Print this JPG (I assume it is either JPG or PNG?) from a different program, for example MS Paint or Windows Photo Viewer. If a faint border is there, that means it is part of the JPG, but too faint to see on a screen unless you recalibrate the brightness and contrast.

The simple solution is to crop the image, thus removing the border.

lifesacharm -> RE: having a problem inserting a picture i have downloaded (11/9/2015 5:07:55 PM)

no it doesnt have one i have checked with other print programs its just in print shop 4

ellengard -> RE: having a problem inserting a picture i have downloaded (11/9/2015 6:48:49 PM)

Check to see if a border was inadvertently added to your image. Select the image, go to the Border button at the top of the workspace.

[image]local://upfiles/9017/82DC45CFB3FF42EFA3FBF3D819EC1636.jpg[/image]

ellengard -> RE: having a problem inserting a picture i have downloaded (11/9/2015 7:02:17 PM)

Is your image a JPG under 200 KB? If yes, would you be willing to upload it to this thread so I can see if the problem occurs on my printer?

(there is a "Click here to upload" option in the post message box - that is how I uploaded my screen snip)

lifesacharm -> RE: having a problem inserting a picture i have downloaded (11/10/2015 10:13:17 AM)

no border and here is what it looks like on the screen

[image]local://upfiles/26423/838EC93FE2FC418B9C5FA99402A2AA4A.jpg[/image]

ellengard -> RE: having a problem inserting a picture i have downloaded (11/10/2015 2:17:00 PM)

Can you upload the actual image file? A screen capture can't show any properties of the actual file.

ellengard -> RE: having a problem inserting a picture i have downloaded (11/10/2015 2:25:13 PM)

quote:

... a pic of some charms ... i got them off our direct sales site right click and save...

Even better! I can examine the original source if you can provide the link. Go to the site, right-click the image, copy image location and paste that info here.

lifesacharm -> RE: having a problem inserting a picture i have downloaded (11/10/2015 3:50:02 PM)

https://kimthompson.origamiowl.com/product/42/CH1858/SwarovskiCrystalSnowflakeCharm

I also have printshop 2 for my mac and can take this exact same pic and print it and not have a border around it

ellengard -> RE: having a problem inserting a picture i have downloaded (11/10/2015 6:22:48 PM)

I downloaded that picture. It is a jpg image with a white background (as opposed to a png with transparent background). I examined it in Photo Shop and confirmed the background color is pure white i.e. RGB=255,255,255. If this image is placed on a dark background, the white square is apparent. You might even see the white square against this forum's light grey background color.

I cropped the edges just to be absolutely sure that the new edges of the square are pure white. I've uploaded it here for you to try in Print Shop. Please let me know if it prints better.

As it is a small web image to begin with, it won't print very sharp. If you are making a printed sign, perhaps the company can provide you with a higher resolution, print quality file. For example, if you want to print the crystal so it measures 2"x2" on the sign, you need a file of 600x600 pixels.

[image]local://upfiles/9017/7BD1CD192FB14F4384DBEEDBD54C175C.jpg[/image]

lifesacharm -> RE: having a problem inserting a picture i have downloaded (11/10/2015 9:46:26 PM)

I get all that what I want to know is why when I print it I get a faint border even if I crop it its still there only on this printshop and it's frustrating me as it makes everything look cheesy I can't upload a pic because the file is too large and not compatible but there is a box around the charm as if penciled in I need to know how to get rid of it... I don't think u r understanding what the problem is...im putting this on a plain white background so there shouldnt b a faint border....it doesnt show up on my screen its only when i print it...i showed you what my screen looks like then when i went to print it i had a border on it.

ellengard -> RE: having a problem inserting a picture i have downloaded (11/10/2015 10:36:25 PM)

I have added this graphic to a Print Shop 4.0 project. I have printed it. I do not get a border. I have added shapes and clipart. I printed. Again, no borders. I even added a white square and it is invisible on white paper, as expected. The Print Shop is not adding unwanted borders to my objects.

This makes me think there is an incompatibility between The Print Shop and your printer. Try this test. Save your project as PDF. Open the PDF in Adobe Reader. Print the PDF. If there is no border, that means The Print Shop did not add a border to the graphic, otherwise it would be on the PDF.

So if the border gets added only after your printer tries to print it directly from The Print Shop, perhaps there is an updated (Win10?) driver for your printer that will correct this problem.

lifesacharm -> RE: having a problem inserting a picture i have downloaded (11/11/2015 7:53:56 AM)

I will try that I do not have Windows 10 I have Windows 8 my computer kept crashing with Windows 10 not sure y but it was :/

JasonC -> RE: having a problem inserting a picture i have downloaded (11/11/2015 12:53:29 PM)

Just as a reference, starting with Windows 8.1, drivers for older printers are generic drivers built into the OS through a new universal driver MS created. It guarantees basic printing functions without a full suite of printing software. Same goes for Win 10.

However these drivers are just that and may not have the full functionality that your printer manufacturer has built into their software. If there is no Win 8 / 8.1 driver available for the printer you may encounter difficulties.

Different driver compatibility goes for Win 8 / 8.1 where a Win 7 driver will work with it so your compatibility mileage may vary.

lifesacharm -> RE: having a problem inserting a picture i have downloaded (11/11/2015 9:04:31 PM)

My printer is new it is an HP 8615 I have the drivers for my printer it works amazing EXCEPT with printshop 4.0 i dont get it...anyway so I did save the project in PDF and it printed just fine...kinda a pain because i have extra files on my computer i wish i could just print from the prgoram itself...oh well at least i can print now

ellengard -> RE: having a problem inserting a picture i have downloaded (11/11/2015 10:37:33 PM)

quote:

My printer is new it is an HP 8615 I have the drivers for my printer it works amazing EXCEPT with printshop 4.0

Historically, HP printers and Broderbund programs have not been 100% compatible. Many years ago, someone posted a list of the printer models that worked the best with the old Printmaster and Print Shop programs. We could use an updated list, hint, hint.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4