Windows 10 and The Print Shop (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 4.0

kendavis -> Windows 10 and The Print Shop (7/9/2016 3:22:54 PM)

After upgrading to Win10 I've learned that my Print Shop 23.1 won't play nice. Is is correct that Print Shop 4 is my option if I want to be able to use the projects I've saved in 23.1?
(Or will versions 3.0 or 3.5 work in Windows 10 and all me to use projects from 23.1?)
Thanks very much for your help.
Ken

JasonC -> RE: Windows 10 and The Print Shop (7/9/2016 3:59:09 PM)

If you want to run Print Shop 3.5 on Windows 10, it is certainly a doable option and will open up Print Shop 23.1 projects. It has been tested to function on Windows 10.

We do recommend the latest version of Print Shop which is 4.0 which is native to Windows 10.

You may want to consult this excellent article about making your old projects compatible in new programs as the formatting may not appear correctly when opening your old projects in a new program.

http://www.printshop.com/blog/2015/3/2/how-to-make-your-old-projects-compatible-in-new-programs.aspx

On a side note, I was never able to get PS 3.0 to work on Windows 10 and while 23.1 works on Windows 10, Microsoft is always releasing some update that breaks older programs that once worked.

kendavis -> RE: Windows 10 and The Print Shop (7/9/2016 4:57:12 PM)

Jason,
Thanks so much for the prompt and very helpful response. We've had many versions of Print Shop over the years and hope to keep chugging along despite Windows 10 (which I otherwise tend to like so far).
Appreciate your help!
Ken

ellengard -> RE: Windows 10 and The Print Shop (7/9/2016 5:30:53 PM)

This post shows some examples of how a 23.1 project may open in 3.5/4.0. The conversion is not perfect in many of the projects, but some workarounds are explained.
http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=50463

kendavis -> RE: Windows 10 and The Print Shop (7/9/2016 10:42:14 PM)

Thanks very much, Ellen.
This is very helpful!
Ken

jericho -> RE: Windows 10 and The Print Shop (5/9/2018 6:50:32 PM)

I have many projects saved in Print Shop 23 Deluxe format that were imported onto my new computer, which runs Windows 10. I cannot re-install PS 23 as I keep getting errors. I would very much like to convert all of these projects to a format that will run in Printmaster Platinum V 8 if possible. If not, is there any way I can convert these files to Print shop 4? Thank you.

ellengard -> RE: Windows 10 and The Print Shop (5/9/2018 9:25:41 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jericho
...I would very much like to convert all of these projects to a format that will run in Printmaster Platinum V 8 if possible.

Sorry, PM8 cannot open those files.

quote:

... is there any way I can convert these files to Print shop 4?

PS4 can open those files, with some limitations. See this post for more details:
http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=50463

While this post was written about PSv3.5, it also applies to PS4.

JasonC -> RE: Windows 10 and The Print Shop (5/10/2018 10:16:31 AM)

23 or 23.1?

If it's v23 it won't work as the programming is not compatible.

If 23.1 is the version you have, we can help you try and get it to work through Tech Support although Microsoft is trying their hardest to discontinue older programs.

MortsPM -> RE: Windows 10 and The Print Shop (5/27/2018 7:09:48 PM)

I have Printmaster 16 with lots of files in the .sig format. I can't open any of them in Windows 10. Can Encore create a program to open these files in Windows 10? I would be willing to pay for the program in order to retrieve these old files.

ellengard -> RE: Windows 10 and The Print Shop (5/27/2018 9:14:41 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: MortsPM
I have Printmaster 16 with lots of files in the .sig format. I can't open any of them in Windows 10. Can Encore create a program to open these files in Windows 10?

The Win 10 compatible Print Shop 4.0 can open .sig files that were created in The Print Shop 23. I am not sure about Printmaster 16 .sig files so would need to test one. Do you want to send me one of your .sig files and I can see if it will open in my Print Shop 4.0 program?

MortsPM -> RE: Windows 10 and The Print Shop (5/28/2018 3:47:20 PM)

Thanks for the offer. I tried to upload a .sig file to this reply, but it won't upload, with the message C:\fakepath\lauren party.sig is not supported. "fakepath" is a new insert, not part of the real path to the file. Any ideas?

ellengard -> RE: Windows 10 and The Print Shop (5/28/2018 10:01:47 PM)

I sent an email to the address you used to register to this forum. You can reply with a file attachment.

ellengard -> RE: Windows 10 and The Print Shop (5/29/2018 2:09:53 PM)

Since the email will come to you via Encore, you may need to check your Spam folder.

Note: this forum only accepts gif, jpg, and txt files under 200 KB. Essentially this is for helping to clarify a question or answer (esp. when attaching screen captures.)

ellengard -> RE: Windows 10 and The Print Shop (6/2/2018 8:40:34 PM)

Hello Mort,

I received your SIG file created in Printmaster 16. Sadly, it will not open in The Print Shop 4.0.

I could open your SIG file in The Print Shop v23. From there I resaved it. This created a SIG file of a more recent version. This newer SIG file did open in The Print Shop 4.0. However, this certainly isn't an ideal way to get your old files working on Win 10.

If you can still run Printmaster 16 on an old computer, best to start exporting projects as high res JPG files which you can use in any graphics program that you decide to run on Win 10.

The SIG file you sent me is just formatted text, no graphics, so you wouldn't export such a project as JPG. Rather, copy and paste the text into WordPad and save. WordPad is found on all Windows OS.

MortsPM -> RE: Windows 10 and The Print Shop (6/3/2018 7:07:38 PM)

Thanks for going through the steps. The computer that successfully ran Printmaster 16 sadly expired. I'll see if I can find v. 23 to purchase.

ellengard -> RE: Windows 10 and The Print Shop (6/3/2018 9:07:53 PM)

Please note that v23 is not Win 10 compatible. v23 (for Win 7) is just a newer version of PM16.

JasonC -> RE: Windows 10 and The Print Shop (6/4/2018 9:20:41 AM)

While technically, 23.1 is not designed for Windows 10, we have steps online about the NET Framework that will allow the program to work. But as Microsoft releases Windows 10 updates, it may break the program again. Our troubleshooting steps can only work so much but when Microsoft flips the switch and says no more to older programs, the Print Shop 23.1 program won't work anymore.

So yes, as ellengard said if you still have the older program running, start now to convert those projects so you don't lose anything.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4