Printmaster Compatiblity with Windows 10 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [PrintMaster 18.1 and older] >> PM General Functionality

Jenbatt2 -> Printmaster Compatiblity with Windows 10 (11/4/2016 12:26:33 PM)

Reluctantly I finally got a new computer with Windows 10, I have an old one with WIndows 7. Part of the reason is because I knew some of my older software might
work with Windows 10, particulary the Creative Software since that kind of creative stuff does not seem very popular anymore. I have Printmaster Gold 11 and
it worked fine on WIndow 7 but will not load in windows 10; does anybody know any tricks for loading it in windows 10 or should I keep my old computer
going so i can still use that software? Thanks Jen

ellengard -> RE: Printmaster Compatiblity with Windows 10 (11/4/2016 2:28:06 PM)

Version 11 will not work on Win10. Keep your old computer for your old programs. That's what I've done. They are side-by-side and share my monitor and keyboard via a switch box.

The most current PrintMaster, version 7.0, is Win 10 compatible. This program makes all the same project types, (cards, labels, scrapbook pages, brochures, etc.) but is a totally new interface with all new graohics. There is no cross-compatibility between v11 and v7.0.

Ettie -> RE: Printmaster Compatiblity with Windows 10 (11/7/2016 8:36:58 PM)

The problem with installing older versions of PrintMaster on Windows 10 is due to the fact that PrintMaster 16 thru 18.1 require NET Framework 1.1 - which is not compatible with Windows 10. However, some of the older versions of PrintMaster - which do not require NET Framework 1.1 - can be installed on Windows 10, with limited success.

I currently have PrintMaster 15 installed on Windows 10. The only problem I experience is a 1706 Error which occurs every time I start PrintMaster 15 - and which can be easily bypassed. After bypassing the 1706 error message, PrintMaster 15 works pretty much as expected.

As can be seen here

http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=39784

the only problems with installing PrintMaster 11 on Windows 7 are 1) It is not possible to register PrintMaster 11 and 2) The 'ExpressIt' option on the splash screen will not work - because ExpressIt was discontinued approximately 2004.

Since I have successfully installed Print Shop 12 on Windows 10, I would have to assume that installing PrintMaster 11 on Windows 10 should be equally successful. However, since I do not currently own PrintMaster 11, I am not able to provide any specific information regarding this problem.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4