reaching 18.1 creations (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [PrintMaster 18.1 and older] >> PM Export/Import

joejust -> reaching 18.1 creations (2/10/2018 3:30:06 PM)

I have been a satisfied printmaster 18.1 customer for years, and then my computer died. New windows 10 computer and the printmaster 18.1 won't install due to the net.... issue.
I have a lot of old saved stuff and I am wondering if anyone has found a way to use some other program to retrieve the 18.1 files. Or, are there any recommendations on an another program that does what printmaster did?
Thanks. Please respond directly to jljust@gmail.com

ellengard -> RE: reaching 18.1 creations (2/10/2018 6:17:36 PM)

I will respond here in case other people have the same question.

The PM 18.1 files are the same as The Print Shop 23.1 files. These two programs create the same file extensions. So you would have partial success opening some of your old files with The Print Shop 3.5 or 4.0 for Win 10.

See this topic about how well the conversion will go. Note: The current PrintMaster program CANNOT open any version 18.1 files.
http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=50463

joejust -> RE: reaching 18.1 creations (2/10/2018 6:28:40 PM)

I appreciate your response. I just looked at the reviews on Amazon.....whew! Looks like a no go on that one.
I have.a possibility on installing 18.1 on an old desktop running Windows 7. As much as I hate to have a single purpose computer, I will probably give it a try. Thanks again for taking the time to reply......

Joe

ellengard -> RE: reaching 18.1 creations (2/10/2018 7:46:49 PM)

I still have my working XP computer just for my old programs. Really good thing having it because I recently opened a bunch of files created in WordPerfect for Win95, for a client who feared the contents of those files were lost forever.

joejust -> RE: reaching 18.1 creations (2/10/2018 8:03:38 PM)

I have so many old files on old, now discarded, computers. It is probably a good thing that, as I have aged, I have forgotten about those files forsaken and forgotten by new iterations of Windows. 😊

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4
1.513672E-02