Disappointed also (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> Calendar Creator (2016 Release)

John_King -> Disappointed also (4/27/2018 12:53:17 PM)

I have to agree with the many others on this post, what in the world did you do to this software that I have been using for many, many years just like others when I first got CC2 on floppy disks!!
I just downloaded it (version 1.0.2.493) yesterday and extremely disappointed on many levels. I feel like I just got taken for my money and will most likely go back to CC12 that is still working on my win10 system.
I thought I was getting the new and improved version and like others, very disappointed.
*Why in the world would you not have an import utility to automatically bring in the bcc files? That functionality is as basic as it is when creating a new version of software. That tells me the developers do not care about your existing customers.
*The interface is horrible to create a calendar, I use to be able to open a variety of calendars to start with and now I am fumbling through to still not find what I want.
*If you want feedback, now listen carefully, go back to all of the functionality of CC12 and try to improve on that, don't destroy it as you have already.

JasonC -> RE: Disappointed also (4/27/2018 1:02:58 PM)

Thank you for your feedback on this product.

This program was developed from scratch, so many features that you were used to in another version are accessed differently. What are you trying to do in the program? BCC files can't be accessed because it is not the same code as the old version. They are different developers.

bereanmbc -> RE: Disappointed also (4/27/2018 1:40:18 PM)

I totally agree. The new software is clunky and not user friendly at all. What happened to the previous interface? I can't event get any of the holidays to import.

I'm looking for another calendar software option as we speak.

John_King -> RE: Disappointed also (4/27/2018 2:09:16 PM)

They may have different developers, but this is still a Broderbund product, correct? They own the code and should be able to program that into the new software. To me it is just an excuse.
The new developers made a mess of this software. If you read all of the feedback I really hope someone is listening and make major changes to this software.
I am about to uninstall it and never use any Calendar Creator product in the future.
I used to be able to open a preformatted month calendar with Holidays and Moons within it and then just add my occasions to it. I can't find that, do I need to add the Holidays myself?
The software used to open the calendar to the current month and knew what year it is, no longer happening. It defaults to 2017 and has no clue what month it is, all I can ask is why??
I used to see the events for that month on the side of the calendar within the software, how is that done now? The only way is to keep select "Show Events List" to show temporarily. I then need to close it to do anything else and then reopen again when I need to check something?
I created a repeating event twice and it is not showing on the calendar. I looked at the "Show Events List" and there it is twice.
This list is just from trying to use it for the first time having many, many years experience with this software and never had these kind of issues in the past.

John_King -> RE: Disappointed also (4/27/2018 2:12:39 PM)

I totally agree, this was my go to calendar software for decades, no more. I guess all good things have to come to an end sometime. They should fire the lead developer on this software.

JasonC -> RE: Disappointed also (4/27/2018 2:38:29 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: bereanmbc

I totally agree. The new software is clunky and not user friendly at all. What happened to the previous interface? I can't event get any of the holidays to import.

I'm looking for another calendar software option as we speak.

See the bottom of this post: http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=52892

You have to click on the events list on the button to the left of the check mark button.

Then, you have to select "Import Pre Defined" Holidays.

JasonC -> RE: Disappointed also (4/27/2018 2:42:20 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: John_King

They may have different developers, but this is still a Broderbund product, correct? They own the code and should be able to program that into the new software. To me it is just an excuse.
The new developers made a mess of this software. If you read all of the feedback I really hope someone is listening and make major changes to this software.
I am about to uninstall it and never use any Calendar Creator product in the future.
I used to be able to open a preformatted month calendar with Holidays and Moons within it and then just add my occasions to it. I can't find that, do I need to add the Holidays myself?
The software used to open the calendar to the current month and knew what year it is, no longer happening. It defaults to 2017 and has no clue what month it is, all I can ask is why??
I used to see the events for that month on the side of the calendar within the software, how is that done now? The only way is to keep select "Show Events List" to show temporarily. I then need to close it to do anything else and then reopen again when I need to check something?
I created a repeating event twice and it is not showing on the calendar. I looked at the "Show Events List" and there it is twice.
This list is just from trying to use it for the first time having many, many years experience with this software and never had these kind of issues in the past.

Any calendar that shows the month and the year, you can double click on the month and year and change the year to whatever you like. The downside is that for each month you want to add to your calendar, you have to change it manually.

I know that it's a pain in the you know what to do, but it's all you can do to get a 12 month calendar with the same year.

The moon phases should also be under import pre-defined. It appears though that 2017 is the last year that's included in this list so you would need to add them for 2018 by adding a new list.

You can create groups to the right so you can turn off and on the holidays and events you want without having to delete them permanently from your system just to do a from scratch calendar

JasonC -> RE: Disappointed also (4/27/2018 2:43:23 PM)

Good read for changing the year: http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=53430

John_King -> RE: Disappointed also (4/27/2018 3:03:42 PM)

The Holidays are imported, but still no way to dock the Events list?
The year was automatically done within CC12, so I guess the software went backwards. In CC12 I was able to print December and January of the next year, I guess this doesn't?
I would have to print December and then change the year on each month of the calendar and then print January? Why do I need to change each month? Why not in one place for the entire year?
This manual intervention of the year is absolutely ridiculous. Another part of the software where the user is not considered.
Now only if my added event would only show up too. This has been the only time in decades that I have had to get Tech Support for this software, kind of tells you something?

John_King -> RE: Disappointed also (5/14/2018 6:39:27 PM)

Tired of messing with it and fed up. CC12 still works for me so I will be uninstalling this one and consider it a loss of money and will never buy it again.
After spending hours trying to create a calendar for our pet's medicines I gave up and did it within minutes on CC12.
Please consider me as a customer lost for good.

jaxguy48 -> RE: Disappointed also (5/17/2018 1:57:40 PM)

I agree with disappointed. I have been using this software for years and this new version has to be the worst. Creating a calendar and then having to go to each month and set the year is crazy. When I import the US holidays, they come in but the dates are for 2016 and 2017, so they do not show up and you cannot update them as they are single year days, not repeating. You can not create a banner event without using a text box.

It has crashed several times and then the calendar will be blank even though all the events are there. I was told to uninstall and remove the folders and then reinstall (I rebooted first) Still did not work. Finally created a new profile for my computer and then installed and it worked but had to reinput dates.

Please have the developers look at the old versions and create in the new Windows 10. Did anyone actually do any testing of the product before marketing, or just rush to update and get out. I would think with all the issues, there would have been an update by now to at least correct some of the problems.

Thanks

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4