no text? Can't figure this one out... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [PrintMaster 18.1 and older] >> PM General Functionality

lorraineg57 -> no text? Can't figure this one out... (4/5/2020 8:06:59 PM)

Printmaster Silver 12, Windows 10

I don't know if it's just a compatibility issue? I do realize the software is reallllllllly old. It seems to work fine otherwise. I can import pictures, etc. I can't figure out how to add text. I add a text box but I don't get a cursor in the text box. I'm familiar with layers since I use PaintShopPro quite a it but it doesn't have a greeting card template. I've tried moving layers up/down, you name it. I just end up with a text box with the icon you usually get when you want to move an item (Plus sign with arrows?).
If it's a compatibility issue, I can at least stop driving myself crazy trying to figure it out....

TIA

lindarobin -> RE: no text? Can't figure this one out... (4/5/2020 9:36:56 PM)

If clicking once inside the text box doesn't allow you to type in text, try a double-click.

Any older version of PrintMaster which requires NET Framework 1.1, is NOT compatible with Win 10.

How about creating text images with PaintShopPro (ideally PNG or GIF with transparent background) and importing them into your greeting card project?

lorraineg57 -> RE: no text? Can't figure this one out... (4/6/2020 3:24:01 PM)

I uninstalled and re-installed. For some bizarre reason, I can now get the cursor in the text box if I right click on the box. I'm surprised it works at all considering an ad came up when I installed it for free AOL...lol.

Thanks so much for the response.

lindarobin -> RE: no text? Can't figure this one out... (4/6/2020 4:05:04 PM)

Hey, that's great it's working! Hopefully any incompatibilities with Win 10 will be really minor.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4