Catalina Big Sur (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop for Macintosh

Kemcam -> Catalina Big Sur (12/6/2020 8:04:17 AM)

Giving this a shot

Anyone trying to use the lates version of Print Shop for Mac?

Nothing seems to work very well.

Templates in the resource gallery just say No Internet! Click and try again as I'm typing this message
in the forum on the same broadband Internet connection.

Purchased this for my wife and it's un useable.

Any advice, help or experience would be welcome.

K

lindarobin -> RE: 1st to Post (12/7/2020 12:50:02 PM)

Catalina or Big Sur OS X?

lindarobin -> RE: 1st to Post (12/7/2020 1:58:10 PM)

The system requirements for this product:
[image]https://www.broderbund.com/media/catalog/product/cache/74c1057f7991b4edb2bc7bdaa94de933/t/h/theprintshop-mac-box-_web_1.png[/image]
is: https://www.broderbund.com/the-print-shop-for-macintosh#custom-2

If the issue isn't compatiblility, probably the image gallery was down for site maintenance and should be working now.

If everything else is working (adding your own photos, using the photo-editing tools on them, headline creation, using text boxes, creating shapes, address book and mail merging, etc.), then most likely it is temporary site maintenance.

JasonC -> RE: 1st to Post (12/8/2020 10:11:47 AM)

Hi everyone. Unfortunately our servers had technical glitches in which it did not display the content. It is fixed now. If anyone else sees this issue we suggest sending a ticket to our help desk and we will fix the issue.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Kemcam -> RE: 1st to Post (12/11/2020 7:24:33 AM)

Im sorry, I should have mentions Catalina. Specifically 10.15.7

Kemcam -> RE: 1st to Post (12/11/2020 7:28:37 AM)

BTW,
Thank you for your reply and assistance.!

Yes, I am way beyond the minimum reqs for this application.
3.2GHz, 1TB drive with 600GB free, 24GB ram, 2GB of video ram and 100Mb/sec Internet connection

lindarobin -> RE: 1st to Post (12/11/2020 10:37:14 PM)

The content server is back up. Are you finding everything is in working order?

Magraz -> RE: 1st to Post (12/14/2020 4:03:16 PM)

I find myself having issues with the newest version also. I have a Mac with Big Sur OS and the old Print shop was not compatible so I was forced to buy the newest version. I find this version much more difficult to use. It is more difficult to navigate. There does not seem to be as many choices of Greeting Card sizes i.e. 5x9 right fold. I cannot find this at all but was the only Greeting card size I used with the older version. Accessing the Users Guide while creating a project is cumbersome, at best. I am very dissapointed that I know I will have to spend many hours trying to learn the basics before I can really create some nice works. All the work I had created over the years is no long available to me. IT IS LOST! If there is a way to open the older projects, I sure would like to know how. Signed: an unhappy customer

lindarobin -> RE: 1st to Post (12/14/2020 8:13:56 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Magraz
...I have a Mac with Big Sur OS and the old Print shop was not compatible...

I do not have a Mac, but what you are experiencing, Windows users know only too well. Whenever there is a major change to the OS, older programs won't run on the newer OS. This is unavoidable because no one can develop a program in the here and now for an OS that will exist 5, 10 years in the future. One of the remedies is selling subscriptions for a product like what Adobe does for their Creative Suite. Too pricey for a hobbyist like myself, though.
quote:

...5x9 right fold. I cannot find this at all but was the only Greeting card size I used with the older version...

That size is unfamiliar to me. However, Print Shop provides a custom stock maker (in the Windows version - I would expect it is also in the Mac version) Once you create this card template, it's available along with all the other Avery templates.
quote:

All the work I had created over the years is no long available to me. IT IS LOST! If there is a way to open the older projects, I sure would like to know how.

If you have access to the old OS, export your old projects as JPG. JPG is a standard image file format that can be imported to any graphics program on any OS. This is a workaround. There is no way to maintain individual editable layers

JasonC -> RE: 1st to Post (12/14/2020 10:05:22 PM)

From what I understand in my test if you have files from PSProj format which is common around many modern PS programs then you can use them in the Mac version. This is the only format plus I believe the old Story Rock Print Shop version. (Unconfirmed but I can check)

The New PS Mac reminds me of 6.0 in a sense and everything is tabbed. PS Mac now has a freehand drawing feature something that Windows versions did not have.

Also if someone owns a product from Mackiev, ex, 2 ,3 ,4 we can't open files from the competitors version.

colinebettson -> RE: 1st to Post (1/5/2021 5:40:41 PM)

Using Catalina on an old Mac Mini.
LOVED The Print Shop of the past.
Need an instruction manual I can print.
Trying to use Address Book. ( Nothing works.)
Please help !
Cheers, from Toronto

Coline Bettson

lindarobin -> RE: 1st to Post (1/5/2021 8:22:55 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: colinebettson
...Need an instruction manual I can print.

I think this is the current user manual. It is a downloadable/ printable PDF. Please try out the Address Book instructions to make sure it is current, before you print the whole thing out.
http://go.encoreusa.com/1085

Emilyy -> RE: 1st to Post (3/29/2023 9:31:34 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: lindarobin

quote:

ORIGINAL: colinebettson
...Need an instruction manual I can print.

I think this is the current user manual. It is a downloadable/ printable PDF. Please try out the Address Book instructions to make sure it is current, before you print the whole thing out.
http://go.encoreusa.com/1085 melon playground

quote:

http://go.encoreusa.com/1085

really thorough tutorial i did it successfully thank you.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4