Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: How to type euro sign € in CKSD ?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Creating Keepsakes Scrapbook Designer] >> General Functionality >> RE: How to type euro sign € in CKSD ? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: How to type euro sign € in CKSD ? - 11/4/2005 7:08:51 PM   
Midge

Hi PamE,

I haven't found any fonts in Character Map where I can select a man or woman, or even a male or female, symbol. The only place I see man and woman symbols is in the Insert Symbol window, which I don't think is related in any way to the Windows Character Map (it looks to me like the 'Insert Symbol' symbols are built into the Broderbund programs).

< Message edited by Midge -- 11/4/2005 7:36:10 PM >

Never say "Never" - there's always an exception to every rule

(in reply to PamE)
Post #: 21
RE: How to type euro sign € in CKSD ? - 11/4/2005 7:25:22 PM   
Midge

Hi Steph,

quote:

When I want to insert a symbol in a text box, I only get one kind of grid. PamE, there is no man or woman on it. Where did you get those?

There is only one kind of grid when you select the Insert Symbol or Add Symbol option from within the program. For Print Shop 21 and PrintMaster 16, the man and woman symbols are in the third row from the bottom of the grid, just above the phone symbols and just below the badge symbols. But, the Insert/Add Symbol choices in CKSD might not be the same as the Insert/Add Symbol choices in PrintMaster and Print Shop.

quote:

I found another weird thing trying to use Symbols in the Add Menu. I have all the symbols to choose from. I click on one (for example a triangle). In the right corner, in the square window it shows me another sign. Well I clicked OK and then on my project, I get a different sign again.

If what you see when you click on a symbol in the Insert/Add Symbol window is not the same as what is displayed in the box on the right, and is not the same as what is pasted into the project, you may have a display problem.

Click on the link below to view a FAQ which describes how to deal with display problems.

Text and/or Graphics display in Print Preview but not on Workspace

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 1/2/2010 8:44:39 PM >

(in reply to Midge)
Post #: 22
RE: How to type euro sign € in CKSD ? - 11/4/2005 9:37:59 PM   
lindarobin

quote:

ORIGINAL: steph

When I want to insert a symbol in a text box, I only get one kind of grid... It's like all the symbols are mixed up.

Windows Character Map is a totally different animal from CKSD's Add| Symbol submenu. Those symbols are actually the PressWriter Symbols FONT - sort of like wingdings. So these symbols can be inserted into a regular textbox without any problem, unlike the Character Map symbols.

(in reply to steph)
Post #: 23
RE: How to type euro sign € in CKSD ? - 11/4/2005 10:36:33 PM   
lindarobin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Midge

I haven't found any fonts in Character Map where I can select a man or woman, or even a male or female, symbol.

♀♂ are in the Character Map. Arial and Times New Roman have them. They are unicode 2640 and 2642.

(in reply to Midge)
Post #: 24
RE: How to type euro sign € in CKSD ? - 11/4/2005 11:02:18 PM   
Midge

quote:

ORIGINAL: lindarobin

Windows Character Map is a totally different animal from CKSD's Add| Symbol submenu. Those symbols are actually the PressWriter Symbols FONT - sort of like wingdings. So these symbols can be inserted into a regular textbox without any problem, unlike the Character Map symbols.

Aha, Lindarobin,

So, if you have the PressWriter Symbols FONT installed in \Windows\Fonts, it is possible select the man and woman symbols in Character Map. And, it's VERY interesting that the PressWriter Symbols FONT doesn't have Unicode equivalents. Instead, the man symbol is Character Code OxD7 and the woman symbol is Character Code OxD8.

(in reply to lindarobin)
Post #: 25
RE: How to type euro sign € in CKSD ? - 11/4/2005 11:33:48 PM   
Midge

And, here's another AHA, for steph,

The problem you have been experiencing with CKSD's Add | Symbol submenu may be due to the fact that you do not have the PressWriter Symbols FONT installed on your computer.

When I uninstalled the PressWriter Symbols FONT, opened a Print Shop 21 project, created a text box, then attempted to insert a symbol (with the Insert Symbol option in the Print Shop 21 Text menu), the symbols I saw in the grid were completely different from the symbols I saw before I uninstalled the PressWriter Symbols FONT. And, there was no man or woman symbol in that grid.

When I clicked on a symbol in the grid, the symbol that appeared in the box on the right was the same symbol that I had clicked on. But, when I clicked on OK, the symbol that was placed in the text box was not the same symbol that I had clicked on, even though the PressWriter Symbols FONT was listed as the selected font.

< Message edited by Midge -- 11/4/2005 11:36:03 PM >

(in reply to Midge)
Post #: 26
RE: How to type euro sign € in CKSD ? - 11/5/2005 12:17:01 AM   
lindarobin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Midge

And, here's another AHA, for steph,

The problem you have been experiencing with CKSD's Add | Symbol submenu may be due to the fact that you do not have the PressWriter Symbols FONT installed on your computer.

Hmm... good deduction. Steph, if you don't have it installed, you can find it in the folder: Program Files| Common Files| Broderbund| Core Fonts... PRESWS__.TTF

I think all you have to do is copy the TTF file to the Windows Font folder. Is that right, Midge? Or do you have to go through the Control Panel?

(in reply to Midge)
Post #: 27
RE: How to type euro sign € in CKSD ? - 11/5/2005 12:49:38 AM   
Midge

Ya know, lindarobin, even though I've used Broderbund programs for years, I hardly ever think about the Broderbund fonts that are always installed in the Program Files | Common Files | Broderbund | Core Fonts folder. And, I hardly ever think about the fact that Broderbund programs always look to that folder (in addition to the \Windows\Fonts folder) for fonts. So, it didn't occur to me that the PressWriter Symbols FONT might be also in that folder.

When I saw that the PressWriter Symbols FONT was, indeed, in that folder, and when I deleted the font file from that folder, I saw that the Insert Symbol option in the Print Shop 21 Text menu still worked, and still showed the symbols that were completely different from the symbols I saw before I uninstalled the PressWriter Symbols FONT from the \Windows\Fonts folder; but, it would not insert ANY symbol in the text box.

As to whether you can just copy the TTF file to the \Windows\Fonts folder or whether you have to go through the Control Panel, I've never copied files to the \Windows\Fonts folder before today (in the past, I've always used Install New Font in the Control Panel File menu). But, just now, when I copied the PRESWS__.TTF file to the \Windows\Fonts folder, a little window popped up telling me that the font was being installed. But, I've got WinXP; so, I don't know if this works the same way for other Operating Systems.

< Message edited by Midge -- 11/5/2005 12:52:02 AM >

(in reply to lindarobin)
Post #: 28
RE: How to type euro sign € in CKSD ? - 11/5/2005 8:20:00 AM   
PamE

Thanks for catching that, Midge. I meant it was the symbols within the program that were inserting properly for me. I hadn't double checked prior to posting my previous message in this thread.

That's great that you all figured out a way to duplicate the problem. This info will be quite helpful and hopefully lead to the solution for this user. Great job!!

(in reply to Midge)
Post #: 29
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Creating Keepsakes Scrapbook Designer] >> General Functionality >> RE: How to type euro sign € in CKSD ? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4