Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Images Squished

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC Printing Specific >> Images Squished Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Images Squished - 11/7/2005 1:55:14 PM   
CCHS

Hi! I'm brand new to this, so please be patient! I'm working with Calendar Creator Deluxe 10.0 and am trying to create a calendar for our Humane Society as a fund raiser. And I need help! I've managed to get the calendar set up OK, and I've got very nice pictures printing on my facing pages. But I've added smaller pictures from the Art Gallery to individual dates, such as Valentine's Day, Groundhog Day, Take Your Pet to Work Day, etc. They look fine on the screen when I'm working on the software. When I do a print preview or actually print them, they are all "squished" horizontally. It makes them all look really funny! I added them to each day through the "Modify Event" option, where I could select them from the Art Gallery. They are defined as proportional and centered. Everything else looks OK. What am I doing wrong? Help!!

CCHS
Post #: 1
RE: Images Squished - 11/7/2005 2:27:32 PM   
Midge

Hi CCHS,

You may not be doing anything wrong. Calendar Creator is not exactly WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get). If you have just one event in a day cell, with the associated picture defined as proportional and centered, the picture associated with that event will usually (but, not always) print very similar to the way it is displayed on the screen (at least, that's usually the way it works for me). But, if you have more than one event in a day cell, the picture associated with an event may not print exactly as it is displayed on the screen. That is because Calendar Creator controls the size and placement of pictures associated with events.

When I want to place more than one event in a day cell, I've found that's it's usually much better to use the Add - Picture option to add the picture to the day cell separate from the actual event. When a picture is added separate from the actual event, you will have more control of the size and position of the picture. And, when it's appropriate, you can even layer the picture behind the event. And, like events, repeat rules can be applied to separate pictures so that the picture repeats yearly, monthly, weekly or at whatever repeat rate you desire.

You may, though, be able to change how the picture is displayed and printed for a specific day cell when the picture is associated with an event. To do so, right click on an empty day cell on the calendar. When the menu drops down, select Properties. When the Properties window opens, click on the down arrow next to the 'Set Properties Of' box, then select 'Cell' in the menu that drops down. Then, click on the Miscellaneous tab. On the Miscellaneous tab, if you see that there is no checkmark in the box next to 'Fit Event Cell Size to Description', click in that box to place a checkmark in that box. Then, click on OK to return to the workspace.

< Message edited by Midge -- 11/7/2005 2:45:07 PM >

Never say "Never" - there's always an exception to every rule

(in reply to CCHS)
Post #: 2
RE: Images Squished - 11/9/2005 9:11:53 AM   
CCHS

Hi Midge!
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!
By the way, did I say thank you?
Your advice was perfect! I went back through my calendar and readding the pictures to each day using the "Add Picture" instead of "Modify Event". And it worked. I can now control the size and appearance of each of my pictures, and they actually print out the way they look on my screen. I was getting very frustrated with this software, but you saved my butt. My calendar will now appear professional instead of looking like an inept two-year old made it! Thank you again. I'll definitely keep you in my list of Favorites for the next time I need help. Hope you have a great day!!

CCHS

(in reply to CCHS)
Post #: 3
RE: Images Squished - 11/9/2005 2:30:21 PM   
Midge

Hope you have a great day, too, CCHS!!

And, Thank You Very Much for letting me know that my advise worked.

Never say "Never" - there's always an exception to every rule

(in reply to CCHS)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC Printing Specific >> Images Squished Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4