Using Calendar Creator 10 Deluxe in a 3 computer LAN. I can link the three using "Share Events", but the link does not continue indefinitely. If an update is attempted and that computer is not on line the link disappears. Is this normal? If so, is there any setting that can be changed to avoid the cancellation of the link?
The following was copied from a Broderbund Technical Note titled Share Files on a Network".
Calendar Creator™ 12 is designed as a stand-alone application. However, calendar files can be shared on a network. To share calendar files over a network among multiple users, each user must have a copy of Calendar Creator™ 12 installed on the local workstation.
Complete the steps below to share calendar files over a network.
NOTE: To share a calendar file, the file can be placed on a server or shared drive. Any number of users can create a link to that file. The events in the shared file then appear in each of the users’ calendar files.
Sharing a File
1. Click Events on the menu bar and select Share Events. The Share Event dialog box appears showing any previously shared file names.
2. To share a new file, click Add and navigate to the location of the desired file.
3. Click Open to share the file.
4. Click OK to return to the calendar.
Updating Shared Files
NOTE: Shared files can be set to update automatically using the Preferences dialog box. Complete the steps below:
1. Click File on the menu bar and select Preferences.
2. Place a check in the Update Network Event Lists option.
3. Enter the number of minutes in the Every X Minutes field (where X represents the number of minutes) to indicate how often the files should be updated. NOTE: Shared files can also be manually updated by clicking Events on the File menu and selecting Update Shared Events. Shared Calendar Files Containing Graphic Images
NOTE: The actual image file is not saved with the calendar. However, the link to that picture file is saved. As long as the picture file remains in the location that generated the link, the picture can be accessed when the calendar file is opened. If the picture file has been moved or deleted, a warning message appears when the calendar file is opened.
To remove a link to a file, complete the following: 1. Click Events on the menu bar and select Share Events. The Share Event dialog box appears showing the currently shared files.
2. Select the file to remove and click Delete.
3. Click OK to return to the calendar. NOTE: Events in the shared calendar file can only be modified by opening the original calendar file; they cannot be modified from within the shared files.
Post New Thread
Reply to Message
Post New Poll
Delete My Own Post
Delete My Own Thread
Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.
If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.