Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

"VGA not recognized" error message

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Education Software] >> [Advantage Series] >> High School Advantage >> "VGA not recognized" error message Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
"VGA not recognized" error message - 11/13/2006 5:30:09 PM   
sharron

Need Assistance....I installed High School Advantage 2007. All subject cd's work fine with the exception of two cd's (english composition with college prep exam and chemisty). When these two cd's are inserted into the drive, the computer locks up with the blue screen and the message is "VGA not recognized". I've adjusted the monitor settings. With the adjustments, the message is still the same.

In searching the support forums, I'm unable to locate any information regarding the 2007 edition. Does anyone have any insight on what my be going wrong with these two discs. Thanks in advance.........

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 4/20/2009 7:15:11 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: "VGA not recognized" error message - 11/13/2006 6:06:16 PM   
Brandy

According to Wikipedia (the free encyclopedia), "The term VGA is often used to refer to a resolution of 640×480, regardless of the hardware that produces the picture."

I was unable to find any Encore Support articles for High School Advantage 2007. But, one Encore Support article for High School Advantage 2006, regarding Minimum System Requirements, says that the program requires a resolution of at least 800X600. High School Advantage 2007 would most certainly also require a resolution of at least 800x600.

So, this raises the question, "At what resolution are you trying to run High School Advantage 2007?"

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 4/20/2009 7:15:19 PM >

(in reply to sharron)
Post #: 2
RE: "VGA not recognized" error message - 11/15/2006 6:37:53 AM   
sharron

Thanks Brady for the quick response and help. I tried the vga setting of: 1024x768 and 800x600. both setting in 32 bit and 16 bit.

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 4/20/2009 7:15:27 PM >

(in reply to Brandy)
Post #: 3
RE: "VGA not recognized" error message - 11/15/2006 2:32:05 PM   
Brandy

If only the 2 disks generate the "VGA not recognized" error message even when resolution is set to 800X600 and 16 bit, but all other CDs work just fine, one longshot idea is that maybe the CDs that revert to blue screen just need to be cleaned.

1. Place a small amount of rubbing alcohol (or soapy water) on the shiny side of the CD or DVD.

2. Using your fingertips, gently rub the alcohol on the disc in a circular motion.

3. Rinse the disc thoroughly and dry it using a clean, soft T-shirt or lint-free towel. Do not use paper towels or tissue paper. And, always rub the disc outward from the center.

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 4/20/2009 7:15:34 PM >

(in reply to sharron)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Education Software] >> [Advantage Series] >> High School Advantage >> "VGA not recognized" error message Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4