Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Borderless printing w/ Avery 3273 print-to-the-edge

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [PrintMaster 18.1 and older] >> PM Printing Specific Issues >> Borderless printing w/ Avery 3273 print-to-the-edge Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Borderless printing w/ Avery 3273 print-to-the-edge - 11/25/2006 6:06:46 PM   
sarnak282

HELP! I have been trying for 2 days now to print a greeting card without a border using PrintMaster Platinum v17. Although the box states it has the capability to print borderless, there is nothing listing in the instruction manual on how to do this. I am using an Epson Stylus C84 printer which can print borderless on an 8.5 x 11 piece of paper. In the PrintMaster program I chose the half-fold, tall, Avery 3273 white print-to-the-edge greeting card. The printout has the margins with about a 5/8 offset on the top and bottom and 3/8 on the side. How do I correct this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 6/20/2010 3:08:32 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Borderless printing w/ Avery 3273 print-to-the-edge - 11/25/2006 6:32:27 PM   
Brandy

Your problem is caused by the fact that you are trying to work with the wrong template. The Avery 3273 option is designed to be printed on very special Avery 3273 cardstock paper with removable borders. After the card is printed, the borders are removed - resulting in a borderfree card. So, the margins you are seeing probably represent the removable borders.

To print a borderless 8.5 x 11 half-fold greeting card, you'll want to be sure to NOT start with one of the Print-to-the-Edge templates. Instead, start with something like Avery 3265 or Avery 3269 or Avery 8316.

Then, when the project is open on the screen, select Printer Setup then Print Setup in the Print menu. When the Print Setup window opens, make sure that the Epson Stylus C84 printer is selected in the Name window. Then, click on Properties. When the Properties window opens, do whatever is necessary to activate the Borderless feature. Since many borderless printers will print borderless with only certain kinds of paper (such as glossy photo paper), you may also have to select the proper Paper Type on the Properties window. And, it couldn't hurt to make sure that the 8 1/2 x 11 Paper Size is selected. When you are finished selecting options on the Properties window, click OK until you are returned to the screen where your project is displayed. You will know that everything is OK if you don't see any dotted line margins. But, if you do see any dotted line margins, you'll probably have to go back to Print Setup Properties and make different selections.

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 6/20/2010 3:08:38 PM >

For More Help:
Click on the FAQ link at the top of this page
Then, click on the All FAQ's button on the next page

(in reply to sarnak282)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [PrintMaster 18.1 and older] >> PM Printing Specific Issues >> Borderless printing w/ Avery 3273 print-to-the-edge Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4