Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Click Art 1,200,000 "Available Online"

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Click Art] >> General Functionality >> Click Art 1,200,000 "Available Online" Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Click Art 1,200,000 "Available Online" - 11/28/2006 4:22:13 PM   
jcroy

I just install Click Art 1200000. An impressive number, but all I can access are the thumbnails. All of the images say they are available online, but I cannot find anything that tells me where to go to get the images. All help will be greatly appreciated.

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 4/20/2009 7:27:21 PM >

Jim
Post #: 1
RE: Click Art 1,200,000 "Available Online" - 11/28/2006 4:39:14 PM   
Brandy

Jim,

Although 1,148,372+ of the images are online, 51,628 images are actually on the CDs (according to Broderbund's ClickArt® 1.2 Million web site).

To search the online content as well as the content included on CDs, click View in the menu bar and ensure that a checkmark is present before the Online Searches option. If you don't see a checkmark before the Online Searches option, click on that option to place a checkmark there.

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 4/20/2009 8:09:03 PM >

For More Help:
Click on the FAQ link at the top of this page
Then, click on the All FAQ's button on the next page

(in reply to jcroy)
Post #: 2
RE: Click Art 1,200,000 "Available Online" - 11/28/2006 8:22:09 PM   
jcroy

Okay, now I feel worse. I have no "online search" option on my view dropdown menu. I am running XP. I saw this tip before and checked. I also reregestered, all to no avail.
With respect to the images on the disks--I have only one data disk and one Printshop disk. Again, thanks for your assistance.

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 4/20/2009 8:09:11 PM >

Jim

(in reply to Brandy)
Post #: 3
RE: Click Art 1,200,000 "Available Online" - 11/28/2006 9:03:02 PM   
Brandy

quote:

I have no "online search" option on my view dropdown menu

Oddly enough, I don't have an "online search" option on the View dropdown menu for my ClickArt 950,000, either. But, I am still able to access the online art.

I believe that I may have misunderstood your original problem.

If you can see the actual thumbnail images - rather than the same generic icon (for all of the images) above the words "Available Online" - you are properly connected to the online art. All you have to do to get an image is to click on the image and then click on the Export button (or right click on an image and then click on Export when the menu drops down). When the Export window opens, you will be given the option to save the image to any folder on the hard drive that you choose.

The only drawback to this process is that you can only Export one image at a time.

Does this help?

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 4/20/2009 8:09:19 PM >

For More Help:

(in reply to jcroy)
Post #: 4
RE: Click Art 1,200,000 "Available Online" - 11/29/2006 5:26:37 AM   
jcroy

I have tried what you suggest, and possibly it is working. I say 'possibly' because the quality of the images is pretty low. It looks like they are about 72 dpi, and even though I only want to double the size, it is degrades quite a bit. I work with Photoshop, and I have tried saving them as tiffs and then enlarging them, but to no avail.

So, when I get back from work, I will look for more suggestions and keep trying things.

A brief pause has ensued while I checked to make sure that what I though was happening was indeed happening. Your suggestion does correct the problem. I note that when I export an image, the 'available online' disappears.

Thanks for your continued advice.

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 4/20/2009 8:09:28 PM >

Jim

(in reply to Brandy)
Post #: 5
RE: Click Art 1,200,000 "Available Online" - 11/29/2006 1:11:06 PM   
Brandy

Jim,

You are definitely correct about some of the images exporting at 72 dpi (and, at a rather small print size, to boot). I found one that exports at 72 dpi and 6" x 8".

You will also find that some images which export at a higher dpi will export at an even smaller print size. I found one that exported at 200 dpi and 2" x 3".

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 4/20/2009 8:09:35 PM >

For More Help:

(in reply to jcroy)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Click Art] >> General Functionality >> Click Art 1,200,000 "Available Online" Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4