Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Printing calendars for gift giving

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [PrintMaster 18.1 and older] >> PM Printing Specific Issues >> Printing calendars for gift giving Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Printing calendars for gift giving - 6/7/2007 11:25:48 PM   
lindarobin

As with many tasks, a large project can be more manageable when broken down into a few smaller projects. This is especially true for printing a double-sided 12-month calendar with high resolution full colour photos and graphics that fill the page.

If you create one large calendar project, (12 pages of high res images + 12 calendar pages will generate a HUGE file) you run the risk of losing everything if your file gets corrupted during the lengthy save process...

... or your printer may not be able to handle the very large print file generated. If your printer has consistently handled print jobs in excess of 50 MB, then this is not a concern for you.

Let's get started! It's very helpful to have an old calendar in front of you so you can see how the picture is printed upside down on the back of a calendar grid. We will be printing with the single-sided option only. No need to run the double-sided wizard.

Open a new calendar project, wide orientation, NO picture, 12 months. Add whatever special info you want in the date cells. Print. As the calendar prints, note how it comes out of the printer. For this exercise, let's say that the TOP of the calendar comes out on the printer's left side.

Now you are ready to print pictures on the backsides.

Open a new blank page project, wide orientation. Add your December graphic(s). Name and save this project as "DecPics". Put the November calendar into your printer with the BOTTOM of the calendar grid against the left side of the printer and with the blank side facing the ink spray. Print!

Repeat for November graphics onto October calendar, October graphics onto September calendar, and so on.

For those of you whose calendar grids printed with the tops against the right side, then you have to reinsert those pages with the calendar grid bottoms against the right side.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 6/8/2007 12:13:41 AM >
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [PrintMaster 18.1 and older] >> PM Printing Specific Issues >> Printing calendars for gift giving Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4