Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Print alignment for double-sided brochures

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [PrintMaster 18.1 and older] >> PM Printing Specific Issues >> Print alignment for double-sided brochures Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Print alignment for double-sided brochures - 12/4/2004 7:18:13 PM   
cherylhuffm

I have Printmaster 11 and am trying to print tri-fold brochures. The alignment is perfect from side to side, but from top to bottom it is way off. The top prints about 1/4 inch from the top of the page and the bottom is almost 1/2 inch from the edge of the paper. Getting the tri-fold to work with this is impossible. I have tried the print alignment set-up. No matter what numbers I punch in, the alignment stays the same. I have contacted HP (my printer company) and installed new drivers with no results. What else can I do?
Thank you for your time.
Post #: 1
RE: Print alignment for double-sided brochures - 12/4/2004 11:02:25 PM   
lindarobin

It is common for many printers to be able to print close to the edge where the paper goes in first, but further from the edge where the paper comes out last. My Lexmark does that, too.

For landscape projects, you just have to shift everything slightly to the right. Select All and Group. Tap the Right arrow key x times so that the group is about 1/8" further over.

(I am assuming that the left side of your brochure is the side coming out of the printer first.)

(in reply to cherylhuffm)
Post #: 2
RE: Print alignment for double-sided brochures - 12/6/2004 7:57:47 AM   
cherylhuffm

Thank you for the suggestion. It got my brain working in another direction! I tried moving everything over as you suggested, which did take care of the alignment problem, but I still wasn't happy with the 1/2 blank edge on my brochure. The left side printed first, so the big blank space is on the front flap. So I grouped all the elements on the page then rotated it so it was upsidedown. Now the front flap prints first, just 1/8 inch from the edge and it only took a little tweeking to make the other columns look centered. I also rotated the inside and using your alignment suggestion, I was able to easily make all sides line up. Thank you.

(in reply to lindarobin)
Post #: 3
RE: Print alignment for double-sided brochures - 12/6/2004 9:47:18 AM   
lindarobin

quote:

ORIGINAL: cherylhuffm

...It got my brain working in another direction! ... I grouped all the elements on the page then rotated it so it was upsidedown. Now the front flap prints first, just 1/8 inch from the edge...

Excellent! This is also my workaround for getting print as close to the edge as possible. Phooey on the "official margin adjustments in the print setup". My printer simply can't get that close on the trailing edge of the paper. So doing the "bottom" section on its own, upsidedown, as the leading edge, works fine, all the time!

(in reply to cherylhuffm)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [PrintMaster 18.1 and older] >> PM Printing Specific Issues >> Print alignment for double-sided brochures Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4