Long Spooling Time When Printing or Project Prints Too Slow
Group All Items on the Page
1. Select 'Edit' in the menubar, then select 'Select All' in the menu that drops down - or, just press CTRL A
2. If the Broderbund program you are using has an 'Arrange' option in the menu bar, select 'Arrange' in the menu bar, then select 'Group' in the menu that drops down - or, just press CTRL G
3. If the Broderbund program you are using has a 'Layout' option in the menu bar, select 'Layout' in the menu bar, then select 'Group' in the menu that drops down - or, just press CTRL G
Print the Project as a Bitmap
1. Select 'File' in the menubar, then select 'Print' in the menu that drops down - or, just press CTRL P
2. Click on the 'Advanced' button.
3. When the 'Advanced Settings' window opens, click in the box next to 'Print as Bitmap' - to place a checkmark in that box.
4. Click on the 'OK' button.
5. Click on the 'Print' button.
Print Directly to the Printer
1. Go to 'Control Panel'
2. For WinXP, select 'Printers and Faxes' - For WinVista, select 'Printers' - For Windows 7, select 'Devices and Printers'.
3. Right click on the icon for the printer you plan to use to print the project.
4. Select 'Properties' in the menu that drops down.
5. When the Properties window opens, click on the 'Advanced' tab.
6. On the Advanced tab, click in the box next to 'Print Directly to the Printer'
7. Click on 'Apply', then click on 'OK'.
Create a PDF file
Some Broderbund products offer the 'Save As PDF' option in the 'File' menu. However, this option may not be offered in all Broderbund products (even when the Help file indicates that the installed version does offer the Save As PDF option).
If your Broderbund product does not offer the 'Save As PDF' option in the 'File' menu, or if you experience problems while trying to use the 'Save As PDF' option, it should be possible for you to Print to PDF.
However, regardless of whether you choose to 'Save As PDF' or Print to PDF, it would be best to select the PDF driver BEFORE going to File | Print - just in case the PDF driver causes the project to be changed or shifted in any way.
To select the PDF driver, select 'File' in the menubar, then select the 'Print Setup' option. When the Print Setup window opens, change the 'Printer Name' to the Broderbund PDF Converter (for WinXP) or to the Broderbund PDF Creator (for WinVista and Windows 7). If you would like to select either a specific resolution setting or a custom Paper Size, click on the Properties button to do so. After making the desired selections, click on OK until you are returned to the workspace. Look the project over to make sure that selecting the PDF driver didn't change anything. When you are sure that everything looks right, you are ready to go to File | Print.
If you would rather not use the Broderbund PDF Converter or Creator, or if you experience problems while trying to use the Broderbund PDF Converter or Creator, you can use any PDF driver which is installed on your computer.
CutePDF Writer, which is a free download from here
(both the Free Download and the Free Converter must be downloaded for Cute PDF Writer).
and which is Vista and Windows 7 ready, is a popular alternative to the Broderbund PDF Converter.
NOTE: The Save As PDF option works ONLY with the Broderbund PDF Converter for WinXP and with the Broderbund PDF Creator for WinVista and Windows 7. So, if you do decide to use a PDF Converter other than the Broderbund PDF Converter or Creator, you will need to use the Print to PDF option.
< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 6/11/2011 1:01:20 PM >
For More Help:
Click on the FAQ link at the top of this page
Then, click on the All FAQ's button on the next page
To contact me by email, please send your message to firstname.lastname@example.org