Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Splash Screen Freezes

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Hemera Software] >> General functionality >> Splash Screen Freezes Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Splash Screen Freezes - 12/28/2007 11:35:46 PM   
silverdude

I just completed a clean install of Hemera Photo-Objects 50,000.
I then downloaded and installed the PATCH.
I installed so All Users can access the program.
The program opens properly from desktop as Administrator.
When I attempt to open it under 2 other users (desktop) the splash screen (licensed to) freezes and prohibits the program from launching properly. I then have to go to all programs and open it again from there and then I am able to go to Control, Alt Delete and close the program thru Windows Task Manager.
Using M/S OS of XP.
Might someone be able to assist me in this matteer?

Thanks for your consideration and assistance.
Post #: 1
RE: Splash Screen Freezes - 12/29/2007 12:35:45 AM   
Brandy redux

Hi silverdude,

Although I suspect that #2 below will solve your problem, there are a couple other things I thought you ought to know about Hemera products.

1. As you can see on this Hemera Updates and Patches web site

Hemera Updates and Patches

there is a patch for EACH version of Hemera Photo-Objects 50,000 (Volume I, Volume II, Volume III). So, if you downloaded and installed the wrong version, that could have corrupted the installation.

2. Photo-Objects 50,000 is not completely compatible with WinXP. According to the Encore Knowledgebase, the best course of action when the product will not launch on WinXP is to do this:

Please right click on the program file (graphicsdesk.exe) in the folder where you installed the product. Then, after right-clicking, please choose 'Properties'. When the Properties window opens, choose the Compatibility tab. Change the compatibility mode to either Windows 2000 or 98. Then, try the program again.

3. It has been determined that in some Hemera products it is not possible for Limited User (non-administrative) accounts to either access *.jpg images or view those images in the preview window.

This is apparently due to the fact that the Hemera product creates four files in the root directory of the C:\ drive. Limited User accounts do not normally have access to the root directory of the C:\ drive.

The only known fixes at this time are to:

A. Give the Limited User Special Permissions to create and write to folders on the root directory.

B. Have the Limited User right click on the program file titled graphicsdesk.exe then select the 'Run as Administrator' option.

NOTE: The www.hemera.com web site which is referenced above in the 'Hemera Updates and Patches' link is no longer active. So, it is no longer possible to download Hemera Updates and Patches from hemera.

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 10/11/2010 12:22:56 PM >

For More Help:
Click on the FAQ link at the top of this page
Then, click on the All FAQ's button on the next page

To contact me by email, please send your message to [email protected]

(in reply to silverdude)
Post #: 2
RE: Splash Screen Freezes - 12/29/2007 10:36:40 AM   
silverdude

Brandy,
Thanks for your feedback.
I could not locate the file graphicsdesk.exe. Could you kindly tell me where this is located?
Also, in my user guide on page 5 it says that Hemera Photo-Objects 50,000 Volume 1 is suppose to be compatible with XP.
Thank you for your consideration and assistance!!!

(in reply to Brandy redux)
Post #: 3
RE: Splash Screen Freezes - 12/29/2007 1:14:05 PM   
Brandy redux

Hi silverdude,

Your graphicsdesk.exe file should be in the main folder where your Hemera Photo-Objects 50,000 Volume 1 was installed.

For example, for my Hemera Photo Clip Art 150,000, the graphicsdesk.exe file is in this folder

C:\Program Files\Hemera\Photo Clip Art 150,000

While it is true that WinXP is listed in the Minimum System Requirements for Hemera Photo-Objects 50,000 Volume 1, Hemera Photo-Objects 50,000 Volume 1 was released very shortly after WinXP was released. So, it would appear that the program is not quite as compatible with WinXP as the developers originally intended it to be. According to Encore's Knowledgebase, it is often (but not always) necessary to change the compatibility to either windows 2000 or 98 for all versions of Photo-Objects 50,000. So, it would appear that compatibility is not an issue on all WinXP computers. As a case in point, the Encore Knowledgebase also recommends changing the compatibility to either windows 2000 or 98 for my Hemera Photo Clip Art 150,000. But, my Hemera Photo Clip Art 150,000 works quite well on WinXP without changing the compatibility.

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 12/29/2007 1:57:58 PM >

For More Help:
Click on the FAQ link at the top of this page
Then, click on the All FAQ's button on the next page

To contact me by email, please send your message to [email protected]

(in reply to silverdude)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Hemera Software] >> General functionality >> Splash Screen Freezes Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4