Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

save file as pdf and maintain full bleed

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS Printing Specific Issues >> save file as pdf and maintain full bleed Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
save file as pdf and maintain full bleed - 2/19/2008 6:20:44 PM   
vmyer

I have created a brochure in print shop and my printer does not have full bleed capability, however, the project when it's open shows full bleed unless I go to 'print preview', then it shows a white margin around it, which is how it would print on my printer. My problem is that, when I save the file as a pdf (which I need to do to get a print shop to print it), it also cuts off the edges and leaves me with a white margin. Why does it do this? How can I save it and not lose the edges? Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: save file as pdf and maintain full bleed - 2/19/2008 8:43:36 PM   
lindarobin

It's very important to go to the File| Printer Setup and choose the PDF printer BEFORE you do any saving. This allows you to see how your PDF will actually look when saved as PDF so you can ensure correct alignment and "full bleed".

Instead of "saving as PDF", Print to the PDF printer. This creates your PDF file. It will be full bleed if your design is full bleed while having your printer set to the PDF printer.

However, it is moot if the print store cannot print to the edge. The file would be printed to fit the printer's margins.

(in reply to vmyer)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS Printing Specific Issues >> save file as pdf and maintain full bleed Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4