Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Printing a Banner to PDF

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS Printing Specific Issues >> Printing a Banner to PDF Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Printing a Banner to PDF - 2/27/2008 10:17:04 AM   
mindshare

I have Printmaster Gold 18.

My wife wants to make a Happy Birthday banner and have it printed on continuous paper (24 x 36) at a local OfficeMax. They said that she need to create the banner then save it to a pdf file and bring it into them. We did this but when they opened the pdf they said the banner has 4 seperate pages so they cannot print it continuously. So, how can I save the banner into a pdf file that is only 1 page long and the size of that page is 24x36? Please help!!!!

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 4/4/2009 5:09:52 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Printing a Banner - 2/27/2008 10:40:44 AM   
lindarobin

First you have to set your printer to the PDF printer. Only then will you be allowed to set the paper size to height: 36, width: 24. Do not switch these!

(You can't set the paper size to 24x36 when your home printer is the default, so you must select the PDF printer as your new default.)

Then open a blank page project (not a banner project), landscape orientation. Design your Happy Birthday poster. Print to the PDF printer. This creates your PDF.

(in reply to mindshare)
Post #: 2
RE: Printing a Banner - 2/27/2008 10:50:04 AM   
mindshare

Thank you Lindarobin!

One follow-up question. Is there a way that I can use one of the pre-designed banner projects that came with PrintMaster and still do this? There are some Happy Birthday banners that are already designed. If I wanted to use one of these how would I accomplish this? Is it possible or can I only do this with projects that I design from scratch?

Thanks again!

(in reply to lindarobin)
Post #: 3
RE: Printing a Banner - 2/27/2008 4:57:41 PM   
lindarobin

quote:

ORIGINAL: mindshare
... Is there a way that I can use one of the pre-designed banner projects that came with PrintMaster and still do this?

Set your printer to PDF and your page size to 24 wide, 36 high first. Then open up the banner project you are interested in. It will look stretched because the original proportions are not the same as 24x36. Select all and group. Then resize it to fit inside 24x36.

(in reply to mindshare)
Post #: 4
RE: Printing a Banner - 2/27/2008 5:46:40 PM   
mindshare

Sorry but I'm still struggling with this. Can you please explain step by step? You say to set my printer to PDF before I open the project but I don't see how I can do that? The initial window that I see when I start up Print Master forces me to choose a project (ie. personalize ready-made, brand new project, etc.). Everything else is grayed out so I cannot select a printer at that point. Are you saying that I need to change my default printer on the system to PDF before even opening the product? The other thing is that I cannot seem to specify a size of 24x36. When I get the size window and I type 36 in the width it calculates the height automatically and won't let me set it to what I want. Your directions seem like it should be so easy but for some reason I can't seem to get it. Please explain further and thanks again so much for the help!

(in reply to lindarobin)
Post #: 5
RE: Printing a Banner - 2/27/2008 9:05:46 PM   
lindarobin

Start with a new blank page project.

File| Printing| Print Setup...
The print setup dialog box opens. From the drop down menu, choose your PDF printer. Click the Properties button and look for where you choose the page size. You want custom size where you can input the height and width.

After you set up the new page size, you'll see that the blank page project is now the new page size. Close the project. Now when you open any project, it will be sized according to the new page size. However, when you close the program and reopen later on, the page size reverts back to the default. (You can change the default from the Control Panel, in the printer preferences.)

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 2/27/2008 9:15:14 PM >

(in reply to mindshare)
Post #: 6
RE: Printing a Banner - 2/28/2008 9:51:43 AM   
mindshare

Thanks for sticking with me!!

I'll try this when I get home but I am almost certain I tried this already. I selected Broderbund PDF Converter and then tried to hit properties button and I get an error window. It doesn't take me to a screen where I can choose the page size as you indicated. Any idea why?

(in reply to lindarobin)
Post #: 7
RE: Printing a Banner - 2/28/2008 10:32:56 AM   
lindarobin

If you keep getting error messages trying to use the Broderbund PDF convertor, then I suggest you get a different convertor.

I prefer to use the free download from here CutePDF Writer

The Broderbund convertor seems to corrupt easily and it's more trouble to fix it than to install cutePDF.

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 10/10/2010 4:35:42 PM >

(in reply to mindshare)
Post #: 8
RE: Printing a Banner - 2/28/2008 5:06:54 PM   
mindshare

Got it to work with the CutePDF converter. Thanks so much for all of the help!!!
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS Printing Specific Issues >> Printing a Banner to PDF Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4