Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

ClickArt 1.5 Million: Install all Disks

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Click Art] >> General Functionality >> ClickArt 1.5 Million: Install all Disks Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ClickArt 1.5 Million: Install all Disks - 5/5/2008 9:37:47 AM   
aphoenix

Is there a way to copy the images to a hard drive and configure the software to look to the hard drive rather than the DVD drive for the images? I plan on using this on my laptop when I travel, and would really prefer to not have to carry 8 DVDs with me all the time.

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 5/4/2011 9:15:20 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: ClickArt 1.5 Million: Install all Disks - 5/6/2008 12:12:37 AM   
Brandy redux

Hi aphoenix,

As can be seen in the HELP file titled "Installing the Images on Your Hard Drive", you can install most of the images from this collection on your hard drive, so you don’t have to swap CDs or DVDs each time you wish to access an image.

In order to do this, you need to create a folder for the contents of each CD or DVD (the operation will fail if the contents from every CD are put into a single folder). You then have to save the HPI folder from each CD or DVD in one of these folders on your hard drive, and follow the steps below:

For Windows®

1. Create a main folder on your hard drive into which all the CDs/DVDs will be copied. For example, create a folder on your C:\ drive called c:\ImageCollection.

2. Within the main folder you just created (e.g. c:\ImageCollection), create subfolders for each CD/DVD. For example, create subfolders called CD1, CD2, etc., which will in turn create paths called
c:\ImageCollection\CD1, c:\ImageCollection\CD2, etc.

3. Copy the HPI folder (and all its contents) from each CD/DVD into its respective subfolder. For example, copy the CD2 HPI folder into c:\ImageCollection\CD2, which will in turn create the path c:\ImageCollection\CD2\hpi.

4. Open your image collection application and choose Edit > Options in the main menu.

5. Select the Search Folders tab.

6. Click the Add button and choose the full path (including the HPI folder & Disk Number) for each CD/DVD.

For CDs: Click Add and select the path c:\ImageCollection\CD1\hpi.

For DVDs: Each DVD contains an HPI folder holding subfolders such as Disk1, Disk2, etc. Click Add and select the path for each disk folder. For example: c:\ImageCollection\DVD1\hpi\disk1.

7. Repeat Step 7 for each CD/DVD.

8. Choose Apply, then OK.

When you are finished installing the DVDs on the hard drive, your Search Folders tab should look something like this

For Macintosh®

1. Create a main folder on your hard drive into which all the CDs/DVDs will be copied. For example, create a folder called ImageCollection.

2. Within the main folder you just created (e.g. ImageCollection), create subfolders for each CD/DVD. For example, create subfolders called CD1, CD2, etc., which will in turn create paths called ImageCollection\CD1, ImageCollection\CD2, etc.

3. Copy the HPI folder (and all its contents) from each CD/DVD into its respective subfolder. For example copy the CD2 HPI folder into ImageCollection\CD2, which will in turn create the path ImageCollection\CD2\hpi.

4. Open your image collection application, and choose Preferences in the product menu.

5. Select the Search Folders tab.

6. Click the Add button and choose the full path (including the HPI folder) for each CD/DVD.

For CDs: Click Add and select the path [HARDDRIVENAME] ImageCollection\CD1\hpi.

For DVDs: Each DVD contains an HPI folder holding subfolders such as Disk1, Disk2, etc. Click Add and select the path for each disk folder. For example: [HARDDRIVENAME] ImageCollection\DVD1\hpi\disk1.

7. Repeat Step 6 for each CD/DVD.

8. Click OK.

Please note: Replace [HARDDRIVENAME] with the name of your own hard drive (typically "Macintosh HD").

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 5/4/2011 9:15:28 PM >

For More Help:
Click on the FAQ link at the top of this page
Then, click on the All FAQ's button on the next page

To contact me by email, please send your message to [email protected]

(in reply to aphoenix)
Post #: 2
RE: ClickArt 1.5 Million: Install all Disks - 5/6/2008 12:29:29 AM   
Brandy redux

Hi again aphoenix,

There are a couple other things you'll want to know about accessing the ClickArt 1.5 Million images.

1. Only the 617,236 images from DVDs 1-6 can be installed onto and accessed directly from the hard drive. And, installing those images on your hard drive will require 19GB of hard drive space.

2. Web Graphics and Animations (which are stored on DVDs 7 & 8) cannot be installed onto or accessed directly from the hard drive.

For both Windows & MAC, the Web graphics and Animations are accessed through your Web browser.

For Windows®

1. Insert the Web Graphics and/or Animations CD or DVD into your CD or DVD drive.

2. From your Desktop, click on the Start Menu.

3. Click on All Programs, then find the folder for ClickArt 1.5 million.

4. Click on either the Web Graphics icon or the Animations icon. This will launch your browser.

5. Browse for the image you need.

6. Select your Web graphic, and follow the onscreen instructions to save it to a location of your choice.

For Macintosh®

1. Insert the Web Graphics and/or Animations CD or DVD into your CD or DVD drive.

2. Double-click on either the Browse Web Graphics.htm file or the Browse Animations.htm file at the root level of the Web Graphics and/or Animations CD or DVD.

3. Browse for the image you need.

4. Select your Web graphic, and follow the onscreen instructions to save it to a location of your choice.

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 5/4/2011 9:15:42 PM >

For More Help:
Click on the FAQ link at the top of this page
Then, click on the All FAQ's button on the next page

To contact me by email, please send your message to [email protected]

(in reply to Brandy redux)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Click Art] >> General Functionality >> ClickArt 1.5 Million: Install all Disks Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4