Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

HELP! I AM CLUELESS

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS General functionality >> HELP! I AM CLUELESS Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
HELP! I AM CLUELESS - 6/2/2008 10:32:33 PM   
tcoker7

Hello,

I am new at doing anything with any graphics or photos. I am trying to create a photo invitation for my daughter's birthday party.

I am trying to put a picture of her on a stage but don't even know where to begin.

Can someone please help me?

Thanks
TC

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 7/4/2010 3:07:33 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: HELP! I AM CLUELESS - 6/2/2008 11:09:10 PM   
lindarobin

Since you don't know where to begin, may I suggest you click "Getting Started" and then choose "Creating a Greeting Card from Scratch".

Attachment (1)

(in reply to tcoker7)
Post #: 2
RE: HELP! I AM CLUELESS - 6/2/2008 11:36:04 PM   
lindarobin

If you find that making a folded card is too difficult for your first project (because it is a double-sided project), I recommend doing "single-panel" cards.

This method will give you two invitations printed on one sheet of 8.5x11 card stock:

Open a new label project and select Avery 5526. Be sure you check start from scratch. Add your photo. Add a text box and type in the party info. Do a print preview before you print.

Check the help file if you don't know how to add graphics and text.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 6/2/2008 11:37:38 PM >

(in reply to tcoker7)
Post #: 3
RE: HELP! I AM CLUELESS - 6/2/2008 11:38:55 PM   
tcoker7

I did that and I have the stage picture on the greeting card but now I don't know how to add my daughter's picture on the stage. I just want her not the back ground that is behind her.

How do I do that?

(in reply to lindarobin)
Post #: 4
RE: HELP! I AM CLUELESS - 6/2/2008 11:49:42 PM   
lindarobin

quote:

ORIGINAL: tcoker7
...I just want her not the back ground that is behind her.

You have a bit of work ahead of you. To remove the background around your daugther, highlight the photo, then click "Crop & Orientation" from the Photo Tools drop down menu. Click the freehand crop button. After you finish marking the boundary around your daughter, click OK (NOT SAVE AS). The result can be choppy like cutting a photo with scissors. For professional "feathered" results, you need to use a more sophisticated photo-editing program such as Adobe PhotoShop Elements.

You can try the Advanced Photo Editor, but that replaces the background with white rather than a transparent area.

(in reply to tcoker7)
Post #: 5
RE: HELP! I AM CLUELESS - 6/2/2008 11:54:13 PM   
lindarobin

As an alternative to the freehand cropping, just do a rectangular or oval crop to remove most of the background. Then add graphics to cover parts of the remaining background, such as streamers, balloons, frames, confetti, etc.

A quick example:

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 6/3/2008 1:01:10 AM >

(in reply to tcoker7)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS General functionality >> HELP! I AM CLUELESS Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4