Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

professional printing for scrapbook project

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS Printing Specific Issues >> professional printing for scrapbook project Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
professional printing for scrapbook project - 8/1/2008 9:42:57 AM   
wrlp7

I have a MAJOR problem. I began an family history book in scrapbook page setup. 200 pages later, hundreds of text boxes and photos later, the professional printer has asked me to put this in 8 1/2 x 11 page setup before it can be professionally printed. I spent 4 months on this project and I can not find any easy way to change it from scrapbook to regular paper size...

Anyone have any suggestions? Is there an easy way to do this or do I have to restart this project??? (HOPE NOT!)

Signed,
Frustrated

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 8/14/2010 10:39:38 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: changing page setup after project is done - 8/1/2008 10:04:47 AM   
lindarobin

quote:

ORIGINAL: wrlp7
...I began an family history book in scrapbook page setup... the professional printer has asked me to put this in 8 1/2 x 11 page setup before it can be professionally printed.

Doesn't your professional printer require JPGs or PDF? If so, scrapbook setup, whether 12x12 or 8x8 is fine.

PDFs can be printed from Adobe Reader, scaled to fit the page.

JPGs, likewise can be printed, scaled to fit the page.

So you really don't have a resizing problem. What you have is the chore of making 200 JPGs or several PDFs. One PDF is ideal, but probably impossible because of the huge file size of 200 high resolution pages.

(in reply to wrlp7)
Post #: 2
RE: changing page setup after project is done - 8/1/2008 11:25:21 AM   
wrlp7

Thanks so much. I have e-mailed that information to the printer for a response.

You may have saved my YEAR! Thanks.

Frustrated in Wisconsin

(in reply to lindarobin)
Post #: 3
RE: changing page setup after project is done - 8/1/2008 5:50:51 PM   
lindarobin

You're welcome. I work in a print shop and my advice to customers who have done digital scrapbooking and want professional color laser prints, is to export each page as a high res JPG. Save all the JPGs in one folder and bring that in on a CD or flash drive. Then we can mass print the JPGs as "full page print centered and rotated to fit".

You would get sheets like this: (if your scrapbook pages were square)
After printing, we could cerlox bind the pages with card stock covers.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 8/1/2008 6:11:34 PM >

(in reply to wrlp7)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS Printing Specific Issues >> professional printing for scrapbook project Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4