Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Jewish Holidays

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC General Functionality >> Jewish Holidays Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Jewish Holidays - 9/28/2008 3:29:43 PM   
thebeckers

I have CC10 and Jewish Holiday 3. The later only goes through 2008. How do I extend it another 20 years?

Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: Jewish Holidays - 9/28/2008 3:42:19 PM   
Brandy redux

Hi thebeckers,

If the Jewish Holidays only go through 2008, it will be necessary for you to change the Repeat Until date for EACH of those Holidays.

And, the quickest way to do so would be to do this:

1. Click on the 'Show Event List' button on the left side of the bottom toolbar at the top of the workspace.

2. When the Event List appears, click on the word 'Category' at the top of the window. This will cause all of the Jewish Holidays to be sorted together.

3. Double click on the name of a Jewish Holiday event (sometimes, you might have to double click twice).

4. When the Modify Event window opens, change the 'Repeat Until' date to a date in the distant future (i.e. 2020, 2030, etc.).

5. Repeat Steps 3 and 4 above for each Jewish Holiday event.

For More Help:
Click on the FAQ link at the top of this page
Then, click on the All FAQ's button on the next page

To contact me by email, please send your message to pine_97@yahoo.com

(in reply to thebeckers)
Post #: 2
RE: Jewish Holidays - 9/28/2008 10:07:42 PM   
thebeckers

Brandy,

Thanks for the quick reply. You were on the right track but, ...later.

First two bits of info. 1 - Unfortunately there is no continual correlation between the Jewish calendar and the Common calendar. A given Jewish hoilday will rarely fall on the same date on the Common calendar in successive years, ie, a holiday which falls on September 16, 2008 fall on september 2,28,17, etc on successive years. 2 - In early 1990 and in order to cope with number 1, the developers of CC developed a plug-in .bcc file which could be imported into CC which set the dates for almost 80 Jewish events. That plug-in was Holiday (Jewish Holidays 2) and went through the 1990s. In 2000 they came out with another one which was Holiday (Jewish Holidays 3) and went through 2008. I was hoping that someone was aware of a #4 which would go beyond 2008 as #3 did for the beginning of 2000.

Now back to the "but", your solution to the problem was fine except it did not account for #1 above. I did discover a work around, but taking each of the 80 ievents one at a time is really time consuming. The work around goes as follows. Do as you suggested but the last item in the repeat screen is to choose "Hebrew Birth" in the Repeat Rule pull down menu in the lower right corner of the repeat window. This additional step seems to account for the variations between the Jerish and Common calendars.

I will be interested in additional comments.

(in reply to Brandy redux)
Post #: 3
RE: Jewish Holidays - 9/28/2008 10:51:34 PM   
Brandy redux

Hi thebeckers,

The Jewish Holidays.bcc file that is included with all versions of Calendar Creator 12 (and which includes both Calendar Creator Platinum and Calendar Creator Ultimate Organizer) does go beyond 2008 - with the events extending to either 2010, 2011 or 2025. However, that file contains only 24 events. And, in 2 years you would be right back where you started, with the Repeat Until date expiring for most of those events.

Since you mentioned that you are currently working with 80 Jewish Holiday events, it seems to me that it might work a whole lot easier for you if you were to create a single calendar project which contains ONLY the Jewish Holidays you want to use, then set whatever Repeat Until or other Repeat Rule best suits each of those Holidays. Then, save that calendar project as your own personal Jewish Holidays.bcc file to import into all future calendars.

For More Help:
Click on the FAQ link at the top of this page
Then, click on the All FAQ's button on the next page

To contact me by email, please send your message to pine_97@yahoo.com

(in reply to thebeckers)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC General Functionality >> Jewish Holidays Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4