Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

cannot play game

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Games] >> Diner Dash: Hometown Hero >> cannot play game Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
cannot play game - 10/29/2008 8:54:35 PM   
nanadi

I have just purchased Diner Dash: Hometown Hero, and it does not say it is the Gourmet one. Mine has Flo standing out front of Flo's restaruant and not the one with her and Grandma in the pink car. I have managed to have it downloaded to my computer. Problem is that when I tried to play the game it said it had to get updates and then there was an error message that I couldn't get the updates. Now when I try to open the game it will not do anything. This is very frustrating as I feel I have just lost $20. Hope someone can help me.

< Message edited by nanadi -- 10/29/2008 8:56:34 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: cannot play game - 10/29/2008 9:07:01 PM   
Brandy redux

Hi nanadi,

Since you did not say which Operating System you are using, I'll have to ask whether or not you are sure that your computer meets the Minimum System Requirements for Diner Dash, which are

Windows® 2000 SP4/XP (Home & Pro) SP2/Vista™(¹),
Pentium® III 700 MHz or higher (800 MHz processor for Vista),
128 MB RAM (512 MB RAM for Vista),
8x CD-ROM drive or faster,
50 MB free hard disk space,
DirectX® 7.0 compatible or higher video card (3D video card with 32 MB of video RAM for Vista),
800 x 600 16-bit color display,
Keyboard & mouse,
Internet connection is required for Together features (multiplayer, sharing content - PC only, User requires an account on www.playfirst.com to access the Together features)² .

Macintosh®
OS X 10.4 – 10.5,
PowerPC G4, G5 or Intel processor,
800 MHz processor or higher,
256 MB RAM,
8x CD-ROM drive or faster,
50 MB free hard disk space,
800 x 600 16-bit color display,
Keyboard & mouse.

¹Administrator privileges are required to properly install the program on Windows 2000, XP and Vista.
²User is responsible for all Internet access fees and phone charges.

If your computer does not meet those Minimum System Requirements, you will probably not be able to run Diner Dash on your computer. And, in that case, you'll want to click here

Refund Policy: Bicycle, Broderbund, Encore, Hoyle, Punch

to access the "Encore & Broderbund Refund/Return Policy" FAQ, which applies even after the software has been opened and installed.

If you are sure that your computer meets the Minimum System Requirements, and if you are using Windows 2000, XP or Vista, the next question I'll have to ask is whether or not you did a 'clean' install of Diner Dash, exactly as described in this FAQ

'Clean' Install on Win98/Me/XP/2000/Vista/Win7

If you did not do so, there's a very good chance that the Diner Dash installation is corrupt in some way. And, if that is the case, it would be a very good idea for you to do this

A. Click on this link

Uninstalling Software: Thoroughly & Safely

then follow the directions in that FAQ

To make sure that all remnants of the program have been removed, it is VERY important to follow ALL directions in that FAQ for searching the hard drive. It is also VERY important to keep in mind that the registry should NOT be edited manually to remove remnants of the program. Instead, the registry should be cleaned ONLY by performing Step #4 in the "Computer Cleanup on WinXP & WinVista" FAQ recommended below.

B. Click on this link

Computer Cleanup on WinXP, WinVista & Win7

then follow the directions in that FAQ for performing a computer cleanup.

To make sure that all problems have been found, it is VERY important to perform ALL 7 steps. It is also very important to NOT perform any procedures that are not recommended in this FAQ.

C. Click on this link

'Clean' Install on Win98/Me/XP/2000/Vista/Win7

then follow the directions in that FAQ.

However, if you did do a 'clean' install, it is possible that your problem is being caused by an outdated driver for your graphics card. And, if that is the case, the best thing you could do would be to click on this link

Updating Video Card Driver: 2000/XP/Vista/7/Mac OS X 10.4.0 and later

then follow the directions in that FAQ for updating your graphics card driver.

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 10/16/2010 2:26:02 PM >

For More Help:
Click on the FAQ link at the top of this page
Then, click on the All FAQ's button on the next page

To contact me by email, please send your message to pine_97@yahoo.com

(in reply to nanadi)
Post #: 2
RE: cannot play game - 10/29/2008 9:43:36 PM   
Brandy redux

Hi again nanadi,

When you said, "I have managed to have it downloaded to my computer," did you mean that you installed a file that you had purchased as a download from the internet or did you mean that you downloaded (installed) the program from the CD version of Diner Dash? If you did install a file that was downloaded from the internet, I'm afraid my earlier advice will not work for you - because this user-to-user forum does not provide installation assistance for problems with downloaded software. For assistance with downloaded software, you must go back to the web site where you purchased the download.

For More Help:
Click on the FAQ link at the top of this page
Then, click on the All FAQ's button on the next page

To contact me by email, please send your message to pine_97@yahoo.com

(in reply to Brandy redux)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Games] >> Diner Dash: Hometown Hero >> cannot play game Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4