The Print Shop® does not provide an option to print projects with sequential numbering. However, using the Address Book tool in the program will help achieve similar results. Review the remainder of this technical note for additional instructions. The procedures below describe creating a file that includes the desired sequential numbers, importing that file, and finally printing the project. Complete the procedures as instructed.
Create Sequential Numbers in Microsoft® Excel
1. Click Start, choose Programs, and choose Microsoft Excel.
2. In the window that appears, right-click the A column heading and choose Format Cells.
3. In the window that appears, select the Number tab.
4. Select Text from the list of available formats.
5. Click OK to accept this change.
6. In the first field of the A column, type Number for the descriptive name for this column.
7. In the field below the first field, type the first number to be typed, preceded by several zeros (e.g., 0001).
8. In the field below the field in Step 7, type the next number in the desired sequence (e.g., 0002).
9. Using the mouse, highlight the two numbered fields that were created. A dark border will appear around the two selected fields and will include a black square in the lower-right corner of the selection.
10. Click on and drag this black square down the remainder of the column. While dragging this square, a number will appear to the right of the mouse cursor to indicate the final number of the sequence.
11. Release the mouse button once the desired range has been created for this sequence.
12. Right-click the A column heading and choose Copy.
13. Right-click the B column heading and choose Paste. This will place a second column of information into this file, so that the needed tab is placed between the two fields.
14. Click the File menu and choose Save As.
15. Select the desired save location and file name in the Save In and File Name fields.
16. Select Text (Tab Delimited) from the Save As Type field and click Save.
17. Continue with Importing File Containing Number Sequence.
Create Sequential Numbers in a Text File
1. Click the Start button, choose Programs, choose Accessories and choose Notepad.
2. In the first line of the text file that appears, type Number for the descriptive name for this field, and press ENTER to continue to the next line.
3. In the next line, type the first number of the desired sequence, preceded by several zeros (e.g., 0001) and press ENTER to advance to the next line.
4. Repeat the above step to enter each desired number in the sequence, each on a separate line.
5. Once this is complete, click the File menu and choose Save As.
6. Select the desired save location and file name in the Save In and File Name fields.
7. Click Save to save the file.
8. Continue with Importing File Containing Number Sequence.
Importing File Containing Number Sequence
1. Launch Print Shop® and cancel the Project Picker window that appears.
2. Click Tools in the menu bar and choose Edit Address Book.
3. If the Options Wizard and Tip Of The Day dialogs appear, close them.
4. Click File in the menu bar and choose New.
5. Enter the desired name of this address book file and click OK.
6. Close the Add Address window that appears. The blank address book file should display.
7. Click File, choose Import/Export/Merge, and choose Import.
8. Select Tab Delimited and click OK.
9. Navigate to the file saved in the previous procedures.
10. Click once on this file to select it and click OK.
11. Click Yes when prompted to confirm that this file is to be imported.
12. Select the First Name field from the Address Book Fields panel.
13. From the Fields To Import panel, select the descriptive column name used in the saved file.
14. Once both field names are selected, click the Match button.
15. Click OK to complete the import process.
16. Click Yes when the confirmation dialog appears.
17. After reviewing that the imported information is accurate, close the Ultimate Mail Manager window and continue to the Printing a Mail Merge Project heading.
Printing a Mail Merge Project
NOTE: The following procedure describes how to print the imported information to a label project. Other project types can be used for this purpose, if desired. Additional modifications can be made to the project beyond what is described in this procedure.
1. Click the File menu and choose New.
2. Select Labels from the list of available projects and click Next.
3. Select Start From Scratch and click Next.
4. Select the desired label type and click Finish.
5. Click Insert from the menu bar and choose Text Box.
6. Double-click the text box to begin editing.
7. Click the Text menu and choose Insert Address Merge Field.
8. Select the First Name field, click Add, and click Insert.
9. Click the File menu and choose Print.
10. Click the Merge Names button.
11. In the window that opens, click File and choose Open.
12. Select the address book file created in the previous procedure and click Open.
13. Select the desired number sequence from the list that appears. (Click the Select All button to select every available entry.)
14. Click OK to accept this selection.
15. Click Print to print these numbers to the label project.
< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 11/10/2010 12:10:30 PM >
For More Help:
Click on the FAQ link at the top of this page
Then, click on the All FAQ's button on the next page
To contact me by email, please send your message to email@example.com