Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Saved game files

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Games] >> Monopoly >> Saved game files Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Saved game files - 7/24/2009 4:32:14 PM   
monopoly player

Where are the saved game files for Monopoly located - or what is their file extension? I am trying to delete games I have played from the "load" list, and at some point in the future I want to move some partially completed games to my laptop to play while I am traveling.
Post #: 1
RE: Saved game files - 7/24/2009 4:42:15 PM   
Brandy redux

Hi monopoly player,

Since I do not have Monopoly installed on my computer at this time, I do not know where the saved game files for Monopoly are located. So, the first thing I would recommend is that you check the Monopoly Help file - or any Readme files that might be on the Monopoly CD. Hopefully, you will be able to find information about the saved games files there.

Or, you could check the following folders for Monopoly folders which might contain all of your game settings.

For WinXP:

C:\Documents and Settings\{your user name}\Application Data\

For Vista & Windows 7:

C:\Users\{your user name}\AppData\Roaming

Or, you could search your entire C:\ drive for Monopoly folders.

If you do find the saved game files, please post back here and let me know the full path to the folder where those files are stored.

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 1/2/2010 11:45:09 AM >

For More Help:
Click on the FAQ link at the top of this page
Then, click on the All FAQ's button on the next page

To contact me by email, please send your message to pine_97@yahoo.com

(in reply to monopoly player)
Post #: 2
RE: Saved game files - 7/24/2009 8:25:07 PM   
monopoly player

Sorry, Brandy, but I have done all those things. I have Vista and I've looked under Users in all three child folders for anything that says Hasbro, Encore, or Monopoly and I don't see anything. I look under Program Files -> Hasbro -> Monopoly Here & Now and I don't see any files that have a date time modified tag that indicates anything in that folder has been changed since the day I installed the game. I search the drive for "Monopoly" and it just sends me to the Program Files location noted above. That's why I was wondering if there is a special 'saved game' file extension that I could do a global search on and try and match it to any date / time stamp noted in the 'Load' screen in the game itself.

Post #: 3
RE: Saved game files - 7/24/2009 9:50:50 PM   
Brandy redux

Hi monopoly player,

The biggest problem with your problem is that many games do not have a special 'saved game' file extension. So, when the Help files and the Readme file don't contain any information about a special 'saved game' file extension, that often means that there isn't one. And, that is because many games are not specifically designed for users to back up their settings.

However, in a previous discussion on this forum about Clue Classic, the user determined that the saved files were in a hidden folder. So, if you don't have your Folder Options in Control Panel set to 'Show Hidden Files and Folders", that might be why you are not finding the saved games.

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 10/9/2010 5:03:46 PM >

For More Help:

Post #: 4
RE: Saved game files - 7/26/2009 1:28:54 PM   
monopoly player

Okay, with a little more sleuthing after the hidden files have been turned on, the saved games file is located in:

Users -> name -> Appdata -> Local -> VirtualStore -> Program Files -> Hasbro -> Monopoly Here & Now -> save.gcf

And while I did find it the bad news is that it contains all saved games so you can't pick out the ones you'd like to keep or move. But at least people could search on ".gcf" to find the file. If someone comes up with a way to edit the save.gcf file to pull out what users want that would be interesting to post in the forum

Post #: 5
RE: Saved game files - 7/26/2009 1:49:00 PM   
Brandy redux

Hi monopoly player,

Thank You Very Much for the update about the saved games file.

As to posting information here about how to edit the saved games files, I'm afraid that would break the rule in this FAQ

Forum Rules & How these forums work

about posting patches or self-made fixes which violate the End User License Agreement.

While I do not have a copy of the End User License Agreement for Monopoly Here & Now, most End User License Agreements prohibit the following:

a. Use, copy, modify, or distribute the Software (electronically or otherwise), or any copy, adaptation, transcription, or merged portion thereof, except as expressly authorized by Licensor;

b. Reverse assemble, reverse compile, or otherwise translate the Software.

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 1/2/2010 11:46:07 AM >

For More Help:

Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Games] >> Monopoly >> Saved game files Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4