I have received my copy of PrintMaster Platinum 2.0 and have successfully installed it on my 32-bit version of Vista.
Following are my tips for installing PrintMaster 2.0:
1. Give yourself plenty of time - because the installation is VERY slow, regardless of whether it is installed on WinXP or WinVista. Since I have never used a MAC, I have no information about installing PrintMaster 2.0 on a MAC.
2. Be sure to do a 'clean' install, exactly as described in this FAQ
'Clean' Install on Win98/Me/XP/2000/Vista/Win7
3. If your version comes with a printed manual, DO NOT discard that printed manual - because it has a Product Key on the back cover, which must be entered during the installation process. So, if you ever need to uninstall/reinstall the program, you will need the Product Key again.
If your version does not come with a printed manual, the Product Key will be on the back of the sheet of paper included in the package which contains the Installation Instructions.
4. If you attempt to install PrintMaster 2.0 on Vista, it will take several minutes for the installation process to start after you insert the DVD - even if you have User Account Control (UAC) turned OFF.
So, the quickest way to get the installation process started on a Vista computer would be to go to Computer, right click on the Drive letter where the DVD is inserted, then click on OPEN. When the window opens, double-click on the Setup.exe file.
5. There are 2 install options - Full and Custom. All items are selected for install by default. And, the only items that can be deselected for a Custom installation are Template Sets and Clip Art Sets. And, since I can see no reason to deselect either of those sets, there would never be a logical reason for selecting the Custom install option.
6. When the Full install option is selected, the Art CDs are not installed. Instead, only the Thumbnails for the Art CDs are installed. After the Full install is completed, the computer must be restarted.
7. The Art CDs (2 Art CDs for PrintMaster Platinum 2.0 and 1 Art CD for PrintMaster Gold 2.0) must each be installed separately. The Art CDs contain Background, Clip Art and Template sets which cannot be accessed directly from the DVDs.
8. The first time PrintMaster 2.0 is started, it will take several minutes to load all of the options. But, after it is opened the first time, PrintMaster 2.0 should start more quickly the next time.
< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 8/17/2010 3:50:18 PM >
For More Help:
Click on the FAQ link at the top of this page
Then, click on the All FAQ's button on the next page
To contact me by email, please send your message to [email protected]