Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

background and textures.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Creating Keepsakes Scrapbook Designer] >> General Functionality >> background and textures. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
background and textures. - 1/25/2005 9:14:22 AM   
fredomoftruth

when you go under background color and hit the tab that says textures. is there anyway to change the color of the texture? also on the cover of the creating keepsake cd case it show different background designs do i have to design those or are they somewhere else? example the pink page with hearts all through the page.
Post #: 1
RE: background and textures. - 1/25/2005 10:22:37 AM   
lindarobin

quote:

ORIGINAL: fredomoftruth

...is there anyway to change the color of the texture?

The textures from the Background menu can't be altered or colorized, but I have simulated a "colour wash" over top of a textured background by doing this:

In Drawing Tools, create a no outline, coloured rectangle. With the rectangle selected, click on Photo Tools| Special Effects & Edges... and click the Transparent Effects tab. Choose a transparent effect. Now the rectangle is semi-transparent and you can stretch it over all or part of your background.

quote:

... on the cover of the creating keepsake cd case it show different background designs do i have to design those or are they somewhere else? example the pink page with hearts all through the page.

Yes, those designs are in the collection of ready-made templates. I must have spent 3 hours looking at every scrapbook page template. When I found ones that I liked, I saved/renamed them into My Projects so that I could access them easily for future projects.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 1/25/2005 10:23:34 AM >

(in reply to fredomoftruth)
Post #: 2
RE: background and textures. - 1/25/2005 10:36:20 AM   
lindarobin

I just remembered a technique I did a while ago (making my own textured backgrounds) that can be used to "change the colour of the textured background".

After you apply the textured background, export as JPG** (increase the pixel width/height to get a better resolution JPG). Now you can insert the JPG into your project. With the JPG selected, click on PhotoWorkshop. Now you can apply special effects including recolorizing.

**the EXPORT AS function will be greyed out if the project is "empty", so you have to add an "invisible" element to the page - like a tiny white line, in the case of my example.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 1/25/2005 10:48:40 AM >

(in reply to lindarobin)
Post #: 3
RE: background and textures. - 3/8/2005 1:44:19 PM   
fredomoftruth

thank you for your help. i used your technique in exporting and it worked. i also have another question.

summer peterson

Post #: 4
RE: background and textures. - 3/8/2005 1:50:26 PM   
fredomoftruth

how do you "scallop" or make a "wavey" edge and only to one side of your paper? under idea vault under general birthday the top right project shown is what i want to do. thank you

summer peterson

Post #: 5
RE: background and textures. - 3/8/2005 8:17:46 PM   
lindarobin

There may be a clipart border that looks like that. Or you could make one yourself by replicating several half circle shapes ("shape 7" in the More shapes dialog box) and lining them across the top of your page.

Have fun by filling the shape with textures or gradients!

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 3/8/2005 8:19:06 PM >

Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Creating Keepsakes Scrapbook Designer] >> General Functionality >> background and textures. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4