In a Hoyle Games product, clicking on the Facemaker button brings up one of the following message:
"Cannot locate some files needed for Facemaker. Please re-install Hoyle [game]."
"Face Creator files are missing."
Run the product's 'Uninstaller'. Select the 'Repair' option.
* With the Hoyle CD in the drive, go to Start | Programs | Hoyle then select the specific Hoyle game [such as Hoyle Casino 2006], then click on 'Uninstall Hoyle'.
* When the Hoyle Setup Maintenance screen appears choose 'Repair', then click on 'Next'.
* Once it finishes performing the maintenance operation click 'Finish'.
If you are using a 64-bit Operating System***, you might be able to solve the Face Creator problem by doing this: 1. Open Windows Explorer.
2. Navigate to this folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Encore\FaceCreator
3. Right click on the FaceCreator folder, then select 'Copy' in the menu that drops down.
4. Navigate to this folder: C:\Program Files
5. Left click on the Program Files folder, then click on 'New Folder' in the menu at the top of the window.
6. Type Encore as the name of the new folder, then press Enter.
7. Right click on the Encore folder, then select 'Paste' in the menu that drops down.
NOTE: If you are using a 2004 Hoyle product, look for this folder
C:\Program Files (x86)\WON\FaceCreator
If you find that folder, 'Copy' the FaceCreator folder, navigate to C:\Program Files, create a Won folder, then 'Paste' the FaceCreator folder into that WON folder.
*** If you don't know whether you are using a 32-bit Operating System or a 64-bit Operating System, go to Control Panel, select System, then look for something which says '32-bit Operating System' or '64-bit Operating System'. If you are using WinXP and you don't see any mention of 32-bit or 64-bit, you are probably using a 32-bit Operating System.
Post New Thread
Reply to Message
Post New Poll
Delete My Own Post
Delete My Own Thread
Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.
If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.