Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

FMNOT32.dat and FMNOT32.bak CAC 2/3 files on WinVista

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [American Greetings CreateaCard] >> General Functionality >> FMNOT32.dat and FMNOT32.bak CAC 2/3 files on WinVista Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
FMNOT32.dat and FMNOT32.bak CAC 2/3 files on WinVista - 12/31/2009 11:42:32 AM   
jfaulkner44

I had CAC 2/3 (calendar and reminders only) installed on my XP machine and the machine crashed. I did have a backup of the files that were on the 'c' drive. I also have the same setup on my Vista 32bit machine. I wanted to replace the reminders that were on the XP program to the Vista program so I could then print them off.

Here's my problem. The program that is on the Vista machine does not have the FMNOT32.DAT or .BAK files that were on the XP machine. I think those are the ones I need, but it's been ages since I had to mess with any of those files because everything was working.

I there any way with the files that I have, that I can copy them to the program on the Vista machine so I can retrieve all of that information.

You will save the day if you can help me.

Thank you so much.
Judy F.
SW Florida - USA

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 5/16/2010 5:50:29 PM >

Judy F.
Post #: 1
RE: FMNOT32.dat and FMNOT32.bak CAC 2/3 files on WinVista - 12/31/2009 12:05:59 PM   
Brandy redux

Hi Judy,

On a Vista computer, the FMNOT32.dat and the FMNOT32.bak files will be placed in this folder

c:\Users\[your username]\Data\CAC3

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 9/17/2010 6:28:47 PM >

For More Help:
Click on the FAQ link at the top of this page
Then, click on the All FAQ's button on the next page

To contact me by email, please send your message to [email protected]

(in reply to jfaulkner44)
Post #: 2
RE: FMNOT32.dat and FMNOT32.bak CAC 2/3 files on WinVista - 12/31/2009 12:40:35 PM   
jfaulkner44

Hi Brandy and thanks for the quick response. I get as far as my user name and do not see a DATA/CAC3 folder. Could that be because I do not have the entire program installed? I just have the calendar/reminder portion installed. Can I just create the DATA/CAC3 folder and put those two files in it?

I do have an AppData folder, but I looked in it and didn't see anything there.

Thanks so much,

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 5/16/2010 5:50:47 PM >

Judy F.

(in reply to Brandy redux)
Post #: 3
RE: FMNOT32.dat and FMNOT32.bak CAC 2/3 files on WinVista - 12/31/2009 12:53:48 PM   
Brandy redux

Hi Judy,

Since I'm using CAC 8 on Vista, I don't remember much about how CAC 2/3 works. But, I'm actually quite surprised that you were able to install CAC 2/3 at all - because even CAC 8 is not completely compatible with the 32-bit version of Vista.

If CAC 2/3 works in the same manner as programs such as PrintMaster (in which the \Books folder is not created until the first time the Address Book is opened), the Data\CAC 3 folder might not be created until after a reminder has been added to the calendar. So, the first thing I would do if I were you would be to open the program, create a reminder, close the program, then check to see if the DATA\CAC 3 folder was created.

If that doesn't work, and if you had the entire program installed on WinXP, you'll probaby have to install the entire program on Vista as well.

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 5/16/2010 5:50:57 PM >

For More Help:

Post #: 4
RE: FMNOT32.dat and FMNOT32.bak CAC 2/3 files on WinVista - 12/31/2009 4:06:00 PM   
jfaulkner44

Thanks for all of the suggestions, but I didn't have the entire program installed on the XP machine either. The data file containing the .BAK and .DAT files is located in the CreataCard file on my C drive. As I mentioned, there wasn't a Data file in the CreataCard file on the XP machine.

I have the exact same files in Vista that I did in XP with the exception of the data file.

I think it's time for me to bite the bullet and rebuild the appointments as best I can.

Thank you so much for the help, I wish I would have been bringing you better news.

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 5/16/2010 5:51:07 PM >

Judy F.

Post #: 5
RE: FMNOT32.dat and FMNOT32.bak CAC 2/3 files on WinVista - 12/31/2009 4:17:31 PM   
Brandy redux

Hi Judy,

It should not be necessary for you to rebuild the appointments. As I indicated before, all you should have to do is to open the program, create a reminder, close the program, then check to see if the DATA\CAC 3 folder was created.

What I did not say is that if the program does not create a DATA\CAC 3 folder, the next step would be to determine exactly where CAC 2/3 places the FMNOT32.dat and FMNOT32.bak files on the Vista. computer. Since my CAC 8 FMNOT32.dat and the FMNOT32.bak files are in the DATA\CAC 3 folder on my Vista computer, I assumed that the same folder would be used for CAC 2/3. But, I could be wrong.

When you determine exactly where CAC 2/3 creates those FMNOT32.dat and FMNOT32.bak files, all you should have to do is to copy your FMNOT32.dat and FMNOT32.bak files over those FMNOT32.dat and FMNOT32.bak files.

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 5/16/2010 5:51:15 PM >

For More Help:

Post #: 6
RE: FMNOT32.dat and FMNOT32.bak CAC 2/3 files on WinVista - 12/31/2009 4:43:28 PM   
Brandy redux

Hi again Judy,

The quickest way to figure out where the FMNOT32.dat and FMNOT32.bak files are stored on your Vista computer would be to click on Start then simply type FMNOT32. If those FMNOT32.dat and FMNOT32.bak files are actually on your computer, the names of those files should appear in the Files list. Then, to determine exactly where the files are located, right click on the name of one of those files, select 'Properties' in the menu that drops down, then look in the 'Location' section on the 'Properties' window that opens.

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 5/16/2010 5:51:25 PM >

For More Help:

Post #: 7
RE: FMNOT32.dat and FMNOT32.bak CAC 2/3 files on WinVista - 12/31/2009 5:13:51 PM   
jfaulkner44

***SUCCESS!!!!****

OK Brandy, I got them! I remembered that I had the computer tech make a CD of the info on my hard drive of the XP machine when it bit the dust. I checked there and found the .BAK and .DAT files. Yippee! Saved them to a flash drive.
Then went to the Vista machine and the .BAK and .DAT files for that CAC3 is stored in c:\Program Files\CreataCard\Data. So I copied those two files to a flash drive (just to be safe) and replaced them with the two from the XP machine. Opened Forget Me Not Reminders Plus and there were all of the appointments from the XP machine.

I did not have to install the full program.

Thank you so much for your knowledge on a product this old and also for your patience and perserverance. I would have definitely given up if I hadn't received your last note and then I remembered the CD from the XP hard drive.

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 5/16/2010 5:51:34 PM >

Judy F.

Post #: 8
RE: FMNOT32.dat and FMNOT32.bak CAC 2/3 files on WinVista - 12/31/2009 5:19:59 PM   
Brandy redux

Great News Judy,

Thank You Very Much for providing the path to the folder for the FMNOT32.dat and FMNOT32.bak files for CAC 2/3.

I have pinned this discussion to the top so that it will always be easily accessible for anybody who needs it.

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 5/16/2010 5:51:42 PM >

For More Help:

Post #: 9
RE: FMNOT32.dat and FMNOT32.bak CAC 2/3 files on WinVista - 12/31/2009 5:26:26 PM   
jfaulkner44

I'm glad I could help a little bit.

Have a Happy New Year!

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 5/16/2010 5:51:51 PM >

Judy F.

Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [American Greetings CreateaCard] >> General Functionality >> FMNOT32.dat and FMNOT32.bak CAC 2/3 files on WinVista Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4