Print Shop 12 will install quite easily on a 64-bit version of Windows 7.
Several things should be kept in mind about Print Shop 12 - regardless of whether Print Shop 12 is installed on a 32-bit version of Windows 7 or on a 64-bit version of Windows 7.
1. Print Shop 12 was originally designed for only these Operating Systems: Windows 95 / 98 / 2000/ Me / NT 4
So, there is no guarantee that Print Shop 12 is completely compatible with any newer Operating System, including Windows 7. And, since Print Shop 12 was discontinued many years ago, there will be no patches for Print Shop 12.
2. The Print Shop 12 online options are no longer accessible - because all Print Shop 12 online options were originally designed to connect to expressit.com, which was shut down approximately 2006.
The only tabs in the Art Gallery which are still accessible are the 'Art and Photos' tab and the 'My Art and Photos' tab. So, if you click on the 'Expressit Art' tab on the Art Gallery, you will always receive this message - "To access The Print Shop Online galleries you must have a valid account at Expressit.com. Please register with Expressit.com." Since it is no longer possible to register Print Shop 12, your only option would be to click on either the 'Art and Photos' tab or the 'My Art and Photos' tab.
And, since it is no longer possible to register Print Shop 12, anytime you receive the 'Expressit Registration Required' message, which is displayed below, your only option is to click on 'Cancel'.
And, you will also want to keep in mind that the following options are also no longer accessible in Print Shop 12.
* 'Professional Printing' and 'Send Project | to Expressit' options in the File menu.
* 'Online Photo Center'
* 'Online Help Resources'
3. Print Shop 12 cannot be registered. However, since registration was originally required only for the purpose of accessing online images, it is not necessary to register Print Shop 12 - because it is no longer possible to access the online images.
4. It is not possible to use the Save As PDF option – because the version of Broderbund PDF Converter which is included with Print Shop 12 is not compatible with Windows 7. The only way to create PDF documents with Print Shop 12 on Windows 7 would be to download and install an alternate PDF converter, as is described in this pinned item
Post New Thread
Reply to Message
Post New Poll
Delete My Own Post
Delete My Own Thread
Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.
If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.