Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Double Sided Printing Problems

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS Printing Specific Issues >> Double Sided Printing Problems Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Double Sided Printing Problems - 2/11/2010 1:46:06 PM   
mfgibson

I am trying to print a greeting card and I cannot complete the Double-Sided Printing Wizard. When I get to step 15, no options match. I first encountered this problem in an older version of PrintShop that I was using, and assumed it was because my printer is newer then that version of the software. I am now using PrintShop 23, and I'm still having the same problem. Why didn't Broderbund update the software to accomodate newer printers? The problem with having to bypass the Wizard is that then the software can't tell me how to reload the paper to print the second side, and consequently, I frequently end up loading it wrong and wasting alot of expensive card stock. Is there a patch or an upgrade available that would correct this problem?
Post #: 1
RE: Double Sided Printing Problems - 2/11/2010 1:57:53 PM   
Brandy redux

Hi mfgibson,

I'm going to make a guess that the printer you are using is an HP printer. It has been known for a long time that many HP printers are not completely compatible with Broderbund software. And, it is has been found over the years that many HP printers are not completely compatible with many software applications.

But, where you asked, "Why didn't Broderbund update the software to accommodate newer printers?" It is very important to keep in mind that it is not the software developers' responsibility to accommodate newer printers. It is, instead, the printer developers' responsibility to accommodate existing software.

Please click on this link

Double-sided printing problems

to view a pinned item which provides several recommended solutions for dealing with double-sided printing problems.

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 9/20/2010 5:15:36 PM >

For More Help:
Click on the FAQ link at the top of this page
Then, click on the All FAQ's button on the next page

To contact me by email, please send your message to pine_97@yahoo.com

(in reply to mfgibson)
Post #: 2
RE: Double Sided Printing Problems - 2/11/2010 3:17:47 PM   
Brandy redux

quote:

The problem with having to bypass the Wizard is that then the software can't tell me how to reload the paper to print the second side

Since I choose to not use the Double-Sided option for printing, I also had to figure out a way to know exactly how to reload the paper for the second side.

My solution for that problem is to turn ON the printer's Print Preview - to make sure that a Print Preview is displayed before each print job is printed. Then, when the Print Preview window for my Epson printer opens, and shows me which end of the print job will go into the printer first, I insert the paper accordingly.

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 2/2/2012 8:58:43 PM >

For More Help:
Click on the FAQ link at the top of this page
Then, click on the All FAQ's button on the next page

To contact me by email, please send your message to pine_97@yahoo.com

(in reply to Brandy redux)
Post #: 3
RE: Double Sided Printing Problems - 2/11/2010 3:50:07 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: mfgibson
... how to reload the paper to print the second side, and consequently, I frequently end up loading it wrong and wasting a lot of expensive card stock.

You only ever have to make the mistake ONCE and then you know for the rest of the life of your printer, how to insert your paper for the second side. The trick is to write it down.

Create a card with only the words "FRONT", "INSIDE" and "BACK" on the appropriate panels. With a pen, draw an arrow indicating the edge going into your printer. Print the first side of this card on plain paper. Flip the paper over and draw an arrow indicating the edge going into your printer. Print the second side.

Did it print correctly? If yes, keep this paper because it shows you how to insert your paper the next time - NOTE THE ARROWS.

If no, keep this paper because it shows you how NOT to insert your paper the next time - NOTE THE ARROWS.

(in reply to mfgibson)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS Printing Specific Issues >> Double Sided Printing Problems Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4