Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Copying PM 16 project files to new PM 18 installation

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [PrintMaster 18.1 and older] >> PM Export/Import >> Copying PM 16 project files to new PM 18 installation Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Copying PM 16 project files to new PM 18 installation - 3/16/2010 7:56:32 AM   
brendas

Hi everyone,

My computer recently died and I had to get a new one. I pulled out my trusty PrintMaster Platinum 16 CDs, intending to install it on the new machine, and it wouldn't install.... it got to 29% on the progress bar and gave an error message that a specific file could not be installed.

No worries - I bought PrintMaster Platinum 18 for a reasonable price, and have installed it on my new machine. However, the project files seem to be saved in a different place than in my old version. The last time I had to reinstall Windows and reinstall Printmaster, I just backed up the files stored in "Program Files/User 001" and copied and pasted those same projects into the User 001 folder in the new installation.

In 18, though, there is no User 001 file..... can anyone please tell me where the folder is located that stores the saved project files so I can copy in all of my saved ones? I need to print product labels for my business, and everything was created in PrintMaster 16. I do realize that I can open one at a time individually using "Open from disk", but I have tons of them saved and it's a real pain in the backside to have to do them one at a time. :)

Thanks!!

Brenda

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 5/2/2010 5:43:42 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Copying PM 16 project files to new PM 18 installation - 3/16/2010 11:45:13 AM   
Brandy redux

Hi brendas,

With the newer Operating Systems, starting with WinXP, I believe, PrintMaster project files are saved by default in the Documents folder.

So, all you should have to do is to create a subfolder in the Documents folder, then copy all of your saved files into that folder.

If you have not yet opened PrintMaster 18, the first time you open it, you will be asked if you want to import the project files.

If you have already opened PrintMaster 18, you can manually import all of the project files by doing this:

1. When PrintMaster 18 opens, click on 'Open My Projects'.

2. When the Project Gallery opens, click on 'File' in the menubar, then select 'Import' from the menu that drops down.

3. When the 'Import Projects' window opens, you should see that the Documents folder has been already selected. So, all you should have to do is to double-click on the folder which contains your PrintMaster project files.

If the Documents folder is not selected, navigate to the Documents folder, then double-click on the folder which contains your PrintMaster project files.

4. Click on the first project file name in the list, scroll down to the last project file name in the list, hold down the SHIFT key, then click on the last project file name.

5. When you see that all file names have been selected, click on the 'Import' button.

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 5/2/2010 5:43:51 PM >

For More Help:
Click on the FAQ link at the top of this page
Then, click on the All FAQ's button on the next page

To contact me by email, please send your message to pine_97@yahoo.com

(in reply to brendas)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [PrintMaster 18.1 and older] >> PM Export/Import >> Copying PM 16 project files to new PM 18 installation Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4