When a ‘clean’ install is done of Hoyle Card Games 2005, exactly as described in this FAQ
'Clean' Install on Win98/Me/XP/2000/Vista/Win7
it should be possible to successfully install Hoyle Card Games 2005 on both a 32-bit version of Windows 7 and a 64-bit version of Windows 7.
NOTE #1: Hoyle Card Games 2005 was specifically designed to be installed in only the C:\ drive. Although it is possible to install Hoyle Card Games 2005 in a drive other than C:\, it is not recommended - because doing so can cause problems with the Face Creator.
NOTE #2: If you receive the following error after you click on the Face Creator button
"Cannot locate some files needed for Facemaker. Please re-install Hoyle [game]."
there is only one known solution:
* With the Hoyle CD in the drive, go to Start | Programs | Hoyle | Hoyle Casino 2007, then click on "Modify, Repair or Remove Hoyle Card Games 2007".
* When the Hoyle Setup Maintenance screen appears choose 'Repair', then click on 'Next'.
* Once it finishes performing the maintenance operation click 'Finish'.
If the Repair option does not fix the Face Creator, your only option, I'm afraid, would be to play the game without using the Face Creator - by clicking on the Left & Right arrow keys (to the left of the Face Creator and Non-talking options) to select a face which is built into the program.
NOTE: If you are using a 64-bit Operating System, you might be able to solve the Face Creator problem by doing this:
1. Open Windows Explorer.
2. Navigate to this folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Encore\FaceCreator
3. Right click on the FaceCreator folder, then select 'Copy' in the menu that drops down.
4. Navigate to this folder: C:\Program Files
5. Left click on the Program Files folder, then click on 'New Folder' in the menu at the top of the window.
6. Type Encore as the name of the new folder, then press Enter.
7. Right click on the Encore folder, then select 'Paste' in the menu that drops down.
NOTE #3: If you experience any problems while attempting to register Hoyle Card Games 2005, simply click on the red X in the upper right hand corner of the Register window - to close that window. Then, close all windows and restart the computer. After the restart, Hoyle Card Games 2005 should start in the normal manner - because, since Hoyle Card Games 2005 is such an old program, it is not, actually, necessary to register the program. Since nothing is accomplished by registering the program, it is possible to skip the registration altogether by removing the check mark from 'Register the Program' at the end of the installation process.
< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 10/2/2011 2:29:13 PM >
For More Help:
Click on the FAQ link at the top of this page
Then, click on the All FAQ's button on the next page
To contact me by email, please send your message to firstname.lastname@example.org