The 'Missing Object Toolbar' problem normally happens when you try to open Print Shop while you are logged onto the computer with a Limited User Account. So, you should be able to quickly solve the Missing Object Toolbar problem by logging onto the computer with a Computer Administrator account before you start Print Shop.
Sometimes, however, the Object Toolbar will be missing for even Administrator accounts. When that happens, it might be possible to fix the problem by simply restarting the computer - to reset RAM & Resources.
If you don't know whether or not your normal account is an Administrator account, do this:
A. If you don't know your user name, click on 'Start'. Then, look for your user name at the top or bottom of the Start menu.
B. Go to 'Control Panel' then open 'User Accounts'.
C. When the 'User Accounts' window opens, look under your user name. If you DO NOT see the word 'Administrator' under your user name, you SHOULD NOT attempt to install software - because ONLY Administrator accounts should install software on WinXP, Win2000, WinVista or Windows 7.
Occasionally, the Missing Object Toolbar problem can be caused by a corrupt or outdated video card driver. And, that problem can normally be corrected by updating the video card driver, as described in this FAQ
Updating Video Card Driver in WinXP/2000/Vista/Win7.
If you prefer to not log onto the computer with an Administrator account, and you are sure that your video card driver is properly updated, it will be necessary for an Administrator account to change the Broderbund Software Folder Permissions, as follows:
Changing the Broderbund Software Folder Permissions
1. Click 'Start', then click 'My Computer' .
2. Click on 'Tools' in the menubar, then select 'Folder Options' in the menu that drops down.
3. Click on the 'View' tab, then locate the 'Hidden Files and Folders' setting.
4. Click in the circle next to 'Show Hidden Files, Folders & Drives' - to place a dot in that circle.
5. If there is a check mark in the box next to 'Hide Extensions for Known File Types', click the check mark once to remove it.
For Windows® XP, if there is a check in the box next to 'Use Simple File Sharing', click the check mark once to remove it.
6. Click 'Apply' then click 'OK' - to apply the changes and close the Folder Options window.
7. Double-click the hard drive. (Typically, this is the C: drive.)
8. For WinXP, double-click 'Documents and Settings', then double-click 'All Users', then double-click 'Application Data'.
For Windows Vista & Windows 7, double-click 'ProgramData',
9. Right-click the 'Broderbund Software' folder, then select 'Properties' in the menu that drops down.
10. When the Properties window opens, click the 'Security' tab.
11. On the Security tab, click on the 'Edit' button.
12. In the 'Group or User Names' box, click on 'Users' once to select it.
13. In the 'Permissions for Users' box, click on 'Modify' then click on the box in the 'Allow' column - to place a check mark in that box.
14 . Click 'Apply', then click 'OK'.
15. Restart the computer, then log in using the Limited User account.
16. Launch and use Print Shop.
NOTE: If you are using an Nvidia Video Card, you might be able to fix the missing object toolbar problem by performing the steps below:
1. Click on "File" in the menubar, then select "Print Preview" in the menu that drops down.
2. Click on "Close" to close the print preview window.
The object toolbar should then be displayed.
< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 7/2/2012 7:10:06 PM >
For More Help:
Click on the FAQ link at the top of this page
Then, click on the All FAQ's button on the next page
To contact me by email, please send your message to firstname.lastname@example.org