Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Importing WMF Files

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> PrintMaster 2.0 & 2011 >> PM 2/PM 2011 Export/Import >> Importing WMF Files Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Importing WMF Files - 10/5/2010 9:01:44 PM   
tworiveras

I have Printmaster 2011 Gold. I am trying to use chore clip art that is in WMF format. Is it not compatible with the newer versions of Printmaster? When I try to open the files of art, it shows nothing there. However, if I look in the same folder with Microsoft word the graphics are there. So, I know the files aren't empty. What can I do to be able to use this clip art in my projects?

Please Help!
Karen
Post #: 1
RE: Importing WMF Files - 10/5/2010 10:02:59 PM   
Brandy redux

Hi Karen,

PrintMaster 2011 is designed to import only the following image files - most of which are raster graphics

TIFF (*.tif, *.tiff)
Compuserve GIF (*.gif)
PhotoShop (*.psd)
MacPaint (*pntg, *.pnt, *.mac)
PICT File (*.pict, *.pic, *pct)
Targa (*tga, *targa)
Scalable Vector Graphics (*svg, *.svgz)

Your *.wmf files - which are vector graphics - are not displayed in the folder because *.wmf files cannot be directly imported into PrintMaster 2011.

One way to use your *.wmf graphics in PrintMaster 2011 would be to open them in Paint, 'Copy' them, then 'Paste' them into PrintMaster 2011.

Or, after they are opened in Paint, you could save them as *.tif. It would then be possible to import them into PrintMaster 2011.

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 10/6/2010 2:15:24 AM >

For More Help:
Click on the FAQ link at the top of this page
Then, click on the All FAQ's button on the next page

To contact me by email, please send your message to pine_97@yahoo.com

(in reply to tworiveras)
Post #: 2
RE: Importing WMF Files - 10/6/2010 10:13:10 AM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: tworiveras
...WMF format... if I look in the same folder with Microsoft word the graphics are there... What can I do to be able to use this clip art in my projects?

Since PM2011 does not support WMF, the workaround is to open WMF in another program that supports it as a scalable object. While Paint cannot scale a WMF, Microsoft Word can. So open it in Word, then drag the corner to make it really large. Copy/paste it into your PM project.

So even though you lose the scalability of the graphic, at least you get a less pixelated raster version of it.

Hopefully, it won't matter that the graphic also loses its transparent background.

You can insert a background graphic in Word, under the WMF, group them, scale the group and then copy/paste into PM2011 so that it blends into the background you are using.

< Message edited by ellengard -- 10/6/2010 10:26:55 AM >

(in reply to tworiveras)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> PrintMaster 2.0 & 2011 >> PM 2/PM 2011 Export/Import >> Importing WMF Files Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4