NOTE: Neither PM 2.0 nor PM 2011 is specifically designed to create quarter-fold greeting cards from Scratch. So, when 'Greeting Cards' is selected in Step #2 below, only half-fold greeting cards can be created.
To create a Half-Fold card from scratch, you would do this:
1. 'New Project Options' window
* Open PM 2.0 or PM 2011
* When the 'New Project Options' window opens, click on 'Create From Scratch'.
2. 'New Project Name' window for PM 2.0 or 'New Project' window for PM 2011
Select 'Project Type'
* When the 'New Project Name' or 'New Project' window opens, click on the down arrow next to the 'Project Type' box, then select 'Greeting Cards'.
Select 'Paper Size'
* Click on the down arrow next to the 'Sizes' box to select the Paper Size for your Half-Fold greeting card.
NOTE: It is extremely important to keep in mind that the size you select is the size of the paper that you put into the printer - NOT the size of the card after it is folded. The largest pre-set size which can be selected in the 'Sizes' box is 5" x 7" - which would fold down to a card which is only 5" x 3 1/2". So, if you don't find a pre-set size that suits you, you would select the 'Custom' option in the 'Sizes' box.
Enter 'Width' & 'Height'
* After selecting the 'Custom' option in the 'Sizes:' box, the next step is to enter the Width and Height of the paper you plan to print on.
NOTE: When entering the Width and Height, there are two very important points to keep in mind:
A. If you want to create a Half-Fold card which folds on the side, the Width should be the longest side of the paper and the Height should be the shortest side of the paper. So, for example, for a Half-Fold card which folds on the side with 8.5" x 11" paper, the Width would be 11" and the Height would be 8.5".
B. If you want to create a Half-Fold card which folds at the top, the Width should be the shortest side of the paper and the Height should be the longest side of the paper. So, for example, for a Half-Fold card which folds on the top, the Width would be 8.5" and the Height would be 11".
* After the Paper Size has been selected, click on OK.
3. 'Workspace' window
* When you are taken to the workspace, you will see that there is only one icon at the bottom of the workspace. What that means is that the Half-Fold card is designed with only an Outside page. So, to add an Inside page, you would click on 'Insert' in the menu bar then select 'Add Page' in the menu that drops down. When the 'Add New Page' window opens, click on OK to have a blank page added as the Inside page.
After the Inside Page has been added, you will see at the bottom of the Workspace that the Inside page is now selected (the icon with the 2 in the lower left hand corner of the icon). To work on the Front and Back pages of the Half-Fold greeting card, you would click on the icon with the 1 in the lower left hand corner of the icon.
NOTE: If your half-fold card is designed with the fold on the side, the Back of the card will be on the left half of the Outside Page and the Front of the card will be on the right half of the Outside Page.
If your half-fold card is designed with the fold on the top, the Back of the card will be on the top half of the Outside Page and the Front of the card will be on the bottom half of the Outside Page.
With half-fold greeting card pages in both PM 2.0 & PM 2011, nothing is displayed on the page to separate the Front page from the Back page. So, it is always a good idea to turn the Ruler ON - by clicking on 'View' in the menu bar then selecting 'Rulers' in the menu that drops down - to help you visualize the exact center of the page.
* All PM 2.0 & PM 2011 projects are pre-designed with 1" margins on all 4 sides of the paper. If you would prefer to use smaller margins, you will need to click on 'File' in the menubar, then select either 'Print Setup' or 'Page Setup' in the menu that drops down. When the Print Setup/Page Setup window opens, change all 4 margins to 0. Each of the margins will be automatically reset to match the built-in unprintable margin area for the selected printer. Those margins can be changed only in the selected printer's Properties/Printer Preferences - by clicking on 'OK' to return to the workspace, selecting 'File' in the menubar, selecting 'Print' in the menu that drops down, then clicking on the 'Properties' button.
< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 8/25/2011 5:12:15 PM >
For More Help:
Click on the FAQ link at the top of this page
Then, click on the All FAQ's button on the next page
To contact me by email, please send your message to [email protected]