The PDS (*.pds) file type is associated with several different applications: • IncrediMail (IncrediMail Ltd.) • NASA Planetary Data System Format (Space Mission Data) • PALASM (Source Code) Source Code File • Telsis HiCall Program File • VICAR: Video Image Communication and Retrieval (Graphic) • Print Shop 6 and earlier versions of Print Shop - including Print Shop Ensemble I, Print Shop Ensemble II & Print Shop Ensemble III.
Only *.pds files which were created by Print Shop can be opened in Print Shop.
*.pds files which were created by either Print Shop Ensemble I, Print Shop Ensemble II or Print Shop Ensemble III cannot be opened in any newer version of Print Shop - including Print Shop 6.
*.pds files which were created by Print Shop 5 or Print Shop 6 can be opened in Print Shop 21 or any earlier version of Print Shop.
*.pds files cannot be opened in any version of Print Shop newer than version 21 - including Print Shop 2.0 & Print Shop 3.0.
Since the *.pds file format is not used in Print Shop 10 or in any newer version of Print Shop, the following steps must be followed in order to Open & Save *.pds files in Print Shop 10 or any newer version of Print Shop: 1. Close all programs and windows and return to the desktop.
2. Open Print Shop®. The program will open to the Project Picker.
3. Close the Project Picker by clicking the X in the upper-right corner of the Project Picker window.
4. Click File and click Open. The Open Project From Disk window will appear.
5. In the Look in: field, click the down arrow button and select the drive containing the project or projects from the previous Print Shop® version. The contents listed in the middle window may change.
6. Click the down arrow in the Files of type: field and select All Files (*.*) from the menu that appears. The contents listed in the middle window may change.
7. Choose from the following to open the project that was created in the earlier version of The Print Shop®:
* If the project files are located on the root directory of the selected drive, double-click the project file name.
* If the project files are located in another directory, navigate to that location and double-click the project file name.
NOTE: For project files created in versions of Print Shop® prior to version 10, some reformatting may be necessary.
8. Change the text, headlines and images as desired.
9. Click File and click Save As. The Save As dialog box will open.
10. In the Save in: field, choose a location where the file is to be saved (e.g., My Documents or C:\Program Files\The Print Shop 20\User00*\Projects). (The * represents an actual number.) The file name should appear in the File name: field. The name can be changed if desired.
11. Click Save to save the file. The updated file from the previous version of Print Shop® will be saved in the new file format.
Post New Thread
Reply to Message
Post New Poll
Delete My Own Post
Delete My Own Thread
Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.
If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.