I cannot download online Templates or Clip Art on my Mac.
This problem can be caused by a combination of factors.
1. Full 'Admin' Privileges are required to properly install PrintMaster
2. Full 'Admin' Privileges are required to properly use PrintMaster
To ensure that your user account has Full 'Admin' privileges, please click on the Apple in the upper left hand corner of the menu bar, then select 'System Preferences'. Under 'System', select 'Accounts'. When the window opens, look for your user name on the left side of the window.
If you do not see 'Admin' under your user name, you will very likely receive one of the following error messages:
"Unable to download the file from the Internet"
"java.sql.SQLException: An SQL data change is not permitted for a read-only connection, user or database. Caused by ERROR 25502. An SQL data change is not permitted for a read-only connection, user or database."
If you do not want to run the program with Full 'Admin' Privileges, you will need to do the following:
1. Start with the user you want to be able to use with PrintMaster.
2. Click on 'Go' in the menu bar.
3. Click on 'Computer' in the menu that drops down.
4. Click on 'Macintosh HD' on the left side of the window.
5. Double-click on 'Library'.
6. Double-cliick on 'Application Support'.
7. Right Click or Control Click on 'Story Rock'.
8. Click on 'Get Info' in the menu that drops down.
9. Click on the lock under 'Security and Permissions'.
10. When the Login windows opens, log in with an account which has Full 'Admin' Privileges.
11. Click on the + in the lower left hand corner of the 'Get Info' window.
12. To add the user that wants to use the program, click their user name then click on 'Select'.
13. Set the privilege level to 'Read & Write'.
14. Click on the gear icon that’s between the Lock and the Minus.
15. Click on 'Apply to enclosed items...'.
16. Click on 'OK'.
17. Close all open windows, then run PrintMaster.
For More Help: Click on the FAQ link at the top of this page Then, click on the All FAQ's button on the next page
Post New Thread
Reply to Message
Post New Poll
Delete My Own Post
Delete My Own Thread
Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.
If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.