Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

How do I open a saved calender file?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC General Functionality >> How do I open a saved calender file? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How do I open a saved calender file? - 4/15/2011 2:06:48 PM   
DixieW

I am a new user. I have created several months of files with several events and pictures and saved them by month. When I go to open them, the browser shows the files by name and they contain various no. of bits (there is something there). I select the month, but when I punch open, I get nothing but a blank page of a month. How do I get at a file that I am sure is there?
Post #: 1
RE: How do I open a saved calender file? - 4/15/2011 2:49:13 PM   
Brandy redux

Hi DixieW,

As to where you said this:

"I have created several months of files with several events and pictures and saved them by month."

In Calendar Creator, it is not possible to save calendars by month. Instead, every calendar project is saved as a *.bcc file. And, every *.bcc file will be saved with all months of the year, with many years into the past and with many years into the future.

As to where you said this:

"When I go to open them, the browser shows the files by name and they contain various no. of bits (there is something there). I select the month, but when I punch open, I get nothing but a blank page of a month."

When a calendar project is opened in Calendar Creator, that calendar project will ALWAYS open to the current month. For example, since this is April, all calendar projects will open to April. So, if the events you created were for past months or future months, you will need to click on either the Left Arrow or the Right Arrow in the toolbar to move to the month you want to view.

If you have any other questions about Calendar Creator, please be sure to come back to this discussion, then click on the 'Post Reply' button to post your additional questions.

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 4/15/2011 4:19:25 PM >

For More Help:
Click on the FAQ link at the top of this page
Then, click on the All FAQ's button on the next page

To contact me by email, please send your message to pine_97@yahoo.com

(in reply to DixieW)
Post #: 2
RE: How do I open a saved calender file? - 4/21/2011 7:36:48 PM   
DixieW

I have created a calender collection which goes out for one year. It includes birthdays, anniversaries, etc. it runs from June 2011 to May 2012. I would like to create a new collection From June 2012 to May 2013 using the same events on the same days but shifted for the next year. I used do this on Print Shop, but do not know how to do it on Calender Creator. Help!

(in reply to Brandy redux)
Post #: 3
RE: How do I open a saved calender file? - 4/21/2011 7:53:50 PM   
Brandy redux

Hi DixieW,

If you will click on the link below

http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=34825&mpage=1&key=

you will see that when the same events are used on the same days but shifted for the next year with a Print Shop calendar, that process only works when the project is not saved.

However, with Calendar Creator Express (which is bundled with some versions of Print Shop) and with any stand-alone version of Calendar Creator, when you want to use the same events on the same days but shifted for the next year, you must create Repeat Rules for EACH event, by doing this:

1. Double-click on the event - to open the 'Modify Event' window.

2. Click on the down arrow next to the 'Repeat Rule:' box, then select 'Every Year' in the the menu that drops down.

3. Click on the ... box to the right of the 'Repeat Until;' box. When the calendar opens, select a year in the far distant future

OR

Click in the box next to the 'Repeat Until;' box, then change the year to a year in the far distant future.

4. Click on 'OK' to return to the calendar.

NOTE: Since it is always a good idea to keep a back up of a working calendar, I always recommend that the calendar project for the next year be created by saving the calendar project for the current year - but with a different name for the next year.

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 4/22/2011 1:09:03 PM >

For More Help:
Click on the FAQ link at the top of this page
Then, click on the All FAQ's button on the next page

To contact me by email, please send your message to pine_97@yahoo.com

(in reply to DixieW)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC General Functionality >> How do I open a saved calender file? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4