Events in Calendar Creator projects can be formatted in two ways: as 'Box' events or as 'Banner' events.
A 'Box' event (the default) is any single event in a cell. If a repeated event is formatted as a 'Box' event, each occurrence will appear individually in its own cell.
A 'Banner' event is an event that spans two or more cells. The extent of the span is controlled by the Repeat Rule settings.
Sorting 'Box' Events
The method by which 'Box' events are sorted is selected on the 'Layout Object Properties' window. To select a sort order, complete the following steps:
1. Right-click within a day cell that does not contain event text. If one of the 'By Priority' options is selected, untimed events will sort by Priority - but only if a different Priority is assigned to each event. If a different Priority is not assigned to each event, the events will be sorted Alphabetically. And, untimed events will also sort Alphabetically if the 'By Time' option is selected - regardless of whether or not a different Priority is assigned to each event.
2. Select 'Properties' from the menu that drops down.
3. When the the 'Layout Object Properties' window opens, click on the 'Miscellaneous' tab.
4. Click on the down arrow next to the 'Sort Events By:' field, then select one of these options in the menu that drops down:
'By Priority (Up)'
'By Priority (Down)'
5. Click 'OK' to apply the selection and return to the calendar view.
With the newer versions of Calendar Creator, which work a bit different from the older versions of Calendar Creator, it is not possible to sort timed events with untimed events. That is because there are only two sorting options for timed events - 'After untimed events' and 'Before untimed events'.
And, with the newer versions of Calendar Creator (starting with CC 10/2005) the default sort order is by Time, whereas the default sort order for the older versions of Calendar Creator is by Priority.
For some versions of Calendar Creator, the Year view and the Event Report do not have a 'Sort events by:' option.
Sort 'Box' Events by Priority
All events in Calendar Creator™ are assigned a priority value of 1 by default. To control the order in which events display on the calendar, assign a priority value from 1 to 99 to individual events.
To create a new event and assign a specific priority, do this:
1. Double-click within a day cell to open the 'Add Event' window. To assign a specific Priority to an existing event, double-click the event to open the 'Modify Event' window.
2. In the 'Priority' field, enter a number between 1 and 99.
'Banner' Events Cannot Be sorted by either Time or Priority
Banner events cannot be sorted by either Time or Priority. And, there is no option in Calendar Creator that can be selected to force the program to change the default order in which banners are automatically displayed.
Banners will always be automatically sorted based on the following criteria:
* The banner event with the earliest beginning date in the date range will automatically be positioned near the bottom of the cell regardless of when that banner event was added to the calendar.
* Ending dates in the date range do not affect the position of the banner event when that event is added to the calendar.
* If the beginning date of a banner event is the same as a banner event which was previously added to the calendar, the new banner event will be automatically positioned above all existing banner events with the same beginning date.
NOTE: If a banner event is edited after other events are added, the order of the events might be changed - with the edited banner being placed above all other banners.
< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 8/14/2012 1:24:33 PM >
For More Help:
Click on the FAQ link at the top of this page
Then, click on the All FAQ's button on the next page
To contact me by email, please send your message to email@example.com