Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

PS 2.0 not designed for standard Mail Merge

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 2.0 >> PS 2.0 not designed for standard Mail Merge Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
PS 2.0 not designed for standard Mail Merge - 5/16/2011 10:28:16 PM   
Brandy redux

NOTE: Mail merge is an available option only in The Print Shop 2.0 Professional and Deluxe. Mail Merge is not an available option in The Print Shop 2.0 Standard.

Print Shop 2.0 was not designed to perform a standard mail merge - such as can be performed in all previous versions of both Print Shop and PrintMaster - which allows users to print different text on different items (i.e. labels, business cards, name tags, postcards, etc.) on the same sheet of paper.

Print Shop 2.0 was specifically designed to perform mail merge for ONLY single sheet items - such as envelopes, newsletters, etc. - where the same text is printed on each sheet of paper.

For that reason, Print Shop 2.0 mail merge projects will not place different text on different items on each sheet of paper (i.e. labels, business cards, name tags, postcards, etc.). Instead, the Print Shop 2.0 mail merge process will place the same text on all items on each sheet of paper. Then, it will place different text on the next sheet of paper. But, once again, it will place the same text on all items on that sheet of paper.

To view the Print Shop 2.0 "Mail Merge for Single Sheet Items" Tutorial, please click on the link below

http://ideas.printshop.com/?cat=11

then, click on the right arrow above the words "Mail Merge for Single Sheet Items".

As can also be seen on that same web site, Print Shop 2.0 is designed to perform mail merges by taking data from vCards which have been imported into Print Shop 2.0.

To view the Print Shop 2.0 "Importing a vCard File" Tutorial, click on the right arrow above the words "Importing a vCard Fille".

NOTE: Each vCard file contains only one name and address. So, each name and address which is to be used in a single mail merge process must be imported in a separate vCard file.

For more information about the Print Shop 2.0 mail merge process, see below:

While the older versions of The Print Shop allow you to create a duplicate database (i.e. Address Book) of your contacts inside The Print Shop in order to perform a mail merge, The Print Shop 2.0 does not offer an Address Book option. Instead, The Print Shop 2.0 requires you to import electronic business cards (vCard).

Most mail applications, such as Microsoft Outlook, allow you to export your contact information to the vCard format. Refer to the documentation that comes with your mail application for instructions on how to do this.

There are five steps for using mail merge in Print Shop 2.0:

1. Create your project.

2. Import one or more vCard files.
    a. From The Print Shop 2.0 main window, select 'Print' in the toolbar at the top of the window, then select 'Configure Mail Merge' in the menu that drops down.

b. When the 'Configure Mail Merge' window opens, click 'Import', then browse to the directory that contains your vCard (*.vcf) files. All the vCard files that are in that directory will be loaded into Print Shop.

Note: The Print Shop 2.0 does not permanently store your vCard files. It does, however, remember the last directory used to import your vCards.

c. Either click to select each of the files you'd like to use in your mail merge or click 'Check All' to select all the files.

To view the data fields in a vCard, right-click on a listed card, and select 'View vCard Fields'. Click 'Close' when done viewing the information.

d. Click to select the 'Use selected cards when printing/exporting' box.

e. Click 'Done'.
3. Select the contacts (people) you'd like to include in the mail merge.

4. Add the mail merge fields to your project.
    a. From within a text box (or text box within a shape), click where you want to insert the mail merge field.

b. Scroll down to the Mail Merge area on the left side of the screen, select the appropriate mail merge field, and click 'Insert'. The field will display surrounded by double brackets (ie: {FirstName})

c. Complete your message, and save your project.
5. Click the 'Print' icon from the toolbar, then select 'Print' in the menu that drops down.

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 5/16/2011 11:13:46 PM >

For More Help:
Click on the FAQ link at the top of this page
Then, click on the All FAQ's button on the next page

To contact me by email, please send your message to pine_97@yahoo.com
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 2.0 >> PS 2.0 not designed for standard Mail Merge Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4